Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Mjollnir on February 28, 2017, 10:38:06 am

Title: Early Friday Morning, Tablas Creek Vineyard
Post by: Mjollnir on February 28, 2017, 10:38:06 am
My wife is doing a year-long documentary project on this vineyard, and I tag along as driver, equipment schlumpfer, B shooter and have plenty of time on my own to shoot whatever I'd like.  Since having comletely switched over to Nikon late January, I've shot almost nothing at all (worth showing), trying to get familiar with a new system after having shot 8 years on another.

The Central Coast is just stunning at present, and it only promises to get ever better as the Spring encroaches.  The only thing that's disappointing is that where I'm originally from, Big Sur, just to the north, is shut down indefinitely, from both ends of the One.

D7200 with Sigma 18-35 1.8

(https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2807/33127967426_52cafd3418_b.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/Stpuyb)Friday Morning, Tablas Creek Viineyard (https://flic.kr/p/Stpuyb) by tanngrisnir3 (https://www.flickr.com/photos/87368247@N00/), on Flickr
Title: Re: Early Friday Morning, Tablas Creek Vineyard
Post by: Bako88fan on February 28, 2017, 12:26:48 pm
Beautiful! I was just in that area over the weekend. I live so close that sometimes I forget how truly beautiful that area is.
Title: Re: Early Friday Morning, Tablas Creek Vineyard
Post by: Mjollnir on February 28, 2017, 02:04:30 pm
Beautiful! I was just in that area over the weekend. I live so close that sometimes I forget how truly beautiful that area is.

Thanks!  We live in Los Angeles now, so it's a PITA sometimes to get up there sometimes, but eventually we plan to settle around there so I can be closer to home and aging parents.

If only the millionaires in LA would stop buying up all the parcels.....
Title: Re: Early Friday Morning, Tablas Creek Vineyard
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on March 01, 2017, 09:03:47 am
Good photo, the light is very appropriate.