Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: Michael Erlewine on February 23, 2017, 10:43:48 am
-
This is the Novoflex BALPRO system, with the Novoflex BALPRO APRO board, inset with the Novoflex NIK-A adapter (to Nikon cameras), with the Fotodiox GFX>Nikon adapter, ready to go, waiting only for the Fuji GFX to arrive.
This will work for the various industrial lenses that take a bellows, like the various enlarger lenses, Large-Format lenses in a variety of formats (Copal-0, Copal-1, M39, etc.) Since this system already takes the Nikon camera, the Fotodiox GFX>Nikon adapter will just click on the adapter and we are ready to go.
If you wonder why I have it mounted on the Tilt/Shift end of the BALPRO, it is because Novoflex only geared the front standard (and not the rear standard), and to stack properly, we have to move the camera on the rear standard, while fixing the front standard. So, I reversed it and now move the front standard as if it were the rear standard, etc.
-
As I understand it there is only one rail that is 200mm in length which would limit the long end to around 120mm. I'm waiting for the Cambo adaptor which will probably make me pull the trigger on the GFX.
Victor
-
As I understand it there is only one rail that is 200mm in length which would limit the long end to around 120mm. I'm waiting for the Cambo adaptor which will probably make me pull the trigger on the GFX.
Victor
One can extend both ends, with an extension for the camera and, at least with ssome LF lenses, reversing the lens. This offers increased distance. The Cabo Actus has a 450mm rail/bellows.
-
This adapter lets you use basically any view camera with graflock back: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1311714-REG/fujifilm_16551312_view_camera_adapter_g.html
The funny thing is that the view camera shown in the second image on the BH website on the product page is exactly the camera I have, which is the Horseman 4x5 LS with base tilts and geared rise/fall, except I have a short 250mm rail and a Sinar ultra wide angle bellows 2 (pancake style). I doubt I will ever use it, but it might come in handy.