Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Chris Calohan on February 21, 2017, 11:08:32 am

Title: Rain is a Coming
Post by: Chris Calohan on February 21, 2017, 11:08:32 am
Had held, 6 shot pano..most of the stitching done in Photomerge though had to do some distortion control, perspective and a dash of warp.
Title: Re: Rain is a Coming
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on February 22, 2017, 03:58:43 am
Very nice landscape. I wonder if the undulation in the clouds is real or due to the pano?
Title: Re: Rain is a Coming
Post by: Tony Jay on February 22, 2017, 04:13:53 am
Very nice landscape. I wonder if the undulation in the clouds is real or due to the pano?
It certainly is not an artefact.
And it is a really nice image!

Tony Jay
Title: Re: Rain is a Coming
Post by: Chris Calohan on February 22, 2017, 08:17:40 am
Very nice landscape. I wonder if the undulation in the clouds is real or due to the pano?

The undulation in the clouds was the main reason for making the shot. This is the first panel, left to right without any perspective adjustments, only saved to the web which in my action also adds a sharpening layer. I tried to be very cognizant of the cloud formation during the stitch and distortion work PP.
Title: Re: Rain is a Coming
Post by: francois on February 23, 2017, 04:00:12 am
I like the broad view and the typical clouds. Even without the title, we could guess that rain would be on us soon.
Bravo!