Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: marc2242 on February 20, 2017, 02:21:05 pm

Title: Kilgore Falls, Maryland
Post by: marc2242 on February 20, 2017, 02:21:05 pm
This photo is from Kilgore Falls, which is part of Rocks State Park in Maryland. The is a short 5-minute hike to the waterfall and it can be a very peaceful location if you avoid weekends and summer days.

(https://llandscapes-ee1.kxcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/5.jpg)
Title: Re: Kilgore Falls, Maryland
Post by: JNB_Rare on February 21, 2017, 07:59:59 am
Lovely shot of an attractive falls. Were the photo mine, I think I would crop out some of the bottom shelf of rock, taking the aspect ratio from 2 x 3 to something closer to 3 x 4.
Title: Re: Kilgore Falls, Maryland
Post by: Bob_B on February 22, 2017, 07:58:04 am
Nice image. For my taste, you nailed the shutter speed for the falling water. I think there's something worth considering in cropping a little, but you can decide for yourself. BTW, you were at the falls at the right time: our current drought has reduced the flow to a trickle.
Title: Re: Kilgore Falls, Maryland
Post by: stamper on February 22, 2017, 08:09:06 am
Lovely shot of an attractive falls. Were the photo mine, I think I would crop out some of the bottom shelf of rock, taking the aspect ratio from 2 x 3 to something closer to 3 x 4.

Thoroughly agree!