Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Chris Calohan on February 18, 2017, 10:02:44 am
-
Snowy Egret and an Unfortunate Minnow
-
Beautiful portrait (of the Egret; the minnow probably doesn't like it as much).
The detail in the feathers is gorgeous.
-
Beautiful portrait (of the Egret; the minnow probably doesn't like it as much).
The detail in the feathers is gorgeous.
Shooting Snowy or Great egrets in sunlight is horribly difficult and when I first got my D500, the contrast was almost overbearing - details in feathers all but impossible. However, some research gave me some options to try and I eventually tuned in the camera to produce optimum detail with hardly any overt contrast. That which I cannot get in the camera is gotten through some bight light selections in PS.
-
Yes, it is a good shot and the microdetail is excellent.
Is it a state secret or would an explanation of your exposure decisions be in order?
Tony Jay
-
Yes, it is a good shot and the microdetail is excellent.
Is it a state secret or would an explanation of your exposure decisions be in order?
Tony Jay
+1, please.
Thierry
-
Chris, your bird photos set a very high bar. Have you thought about consolidating them into a book?
-
Chris, your bird photos set a very high bar. Have you thought about consolidating them into a book?
Thanks for the Kudos; I am in the process of getting ready for a major, one man show in the fall but when that is finished, I have a book in mind for my birding images.