Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape Photography Locations => Topic started by: Tim Gray on July 26, 2006, 07:58:23 pm

Title: O'Reilly Iceland Trip
Post by: Tim Gray on July 26, 2006, 07:58:23 pm
I'm already following the posts coming from the Iceland trip - being a voyer is as close as I'll get, but I'm looking forward to all the blogging.

Further to Mikkel Aaland's "lesson one" http://www.oreillynet.com/digitalmedia/blo...esson_on_1.html (http://www.oreillynet.com/digitalmedia/blog/2006/07/the_adventure_begins_lesson_on_1.html)

he references a locking device approved in the US and by "Her Majesty"

http://www.safeskieslocks.com/ (http://www.safeskieslocks.com/)

Any experience with these?  In particular for flights not originating in the US or UK, like Iceland or Canada?
Title: O'Reilly Iceland Trip
Post by: francois on July 27, 2006, 03:38:37 am
Quote
I'm already following the posts coming from the Iceland trip - being a voyer is as close as I'll get, but I'm looking forward to all the blogging.

Further to Mikkel Aaland's "lesson one" http://www.oreillynet.com/digitalmedia/blo...esson_on_1.html (http://www.oreillynet.com/digitalmedia/blog/2006/07/the_adventure_begins_lesson_on_1.html)

he references a locking device approved in the US and by "Her Majesty"

http://www.safeskieslocks.com/ (http://www.safeskieslocks.com/)

Any experience with these?  In particular for flights not originating in the US or UK, like Iceland or Canada?
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a] (http://index.php?act=findpost&pid=71810\")
These locks are really TSA approved ([a href=\"http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/assistant/editorial_multi_image_with_table_0234.shtm]TSA page[/url]). I used to put zip ties to close my bags when traveling in the  US and TSA opened my bags a few times - So TSA-approved locks will replace zip ties. Outside the US, I close my bags with conventional locks without problem so far. Once in Iceland, I was called at the security desk and had to open my bag. They were curious about a "dense" metallic item - It was my ballhead. By the way, I would never check lenses or a camera.
Title: O'Reilly Iceland Trip
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on July 28, 2006, 09:43:05 pm
I understand that Michael got sent to London instead of Reykjavik. I hope he has gotten back to Iceland by now. I can't imagine how they can stand to spend only one week there; Iceland has so much spectacular landscape!

I'm looking forward to the reports.

Eric
Title: O'Reilly Iceland Trip
Post by: DarkPenguin on August 02, 2006, 12:24:14 am
Second gallery is up.  (Some of MR's work is there.)  I like the horsies.  Wild wild hair.