Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: MattNQ on February 17, 2017, 08:32:57 am

Title: Dance of the Haunted Trees - Part 4
Post by: MattNQ on February 17, 2017, 08:32:57 am
(https://photos.smugmug.com/MonochromeMagic/Infrared/i-75XcKz4/0/XL/P2164597_edit2c-XL.jpg)

(https://photos.smugmug.com/MonochromeMagic/Infrared/i-H5J4XpD/0/XL/P2164557_edit_1-XL.jpg)

(https://photos.smugmug.com/MonochromeMagic/Infrared/i-6KFpP55/0/XL/P2164624_edit2-XL.jpg)

(https://photos.smugmug.com/MonochromeMagic/Infrared/i-9NKxr4Z/0/XL/P2164585_edit1b-XL.jpg)
Title: Re: Dance of the Haunted Trees - Part 4
Post by: JNB_Rare on February 17, 2017, 09:13:12 am
Nice. If you don't mind me asking, is this IR or 'faux' IR?
Title: Re: Dance of the Haunted Trees - Part 4
Post by: MattNQ on February 17, 2017, 09:27:49 am
Nice. If you don't mind me asking, is this IR or 'faux' IR?

Both!  ;D

It's a proper IR modified camera.
But for some subjects, I prefer it to be less sharp and clinical, so I add some flare in processing to give it more of a softer IR film look.
Title: Re: Dance of the Haunted Trees - Part 4
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on February 18, 2017, 04:30:49 am
Great stuff!

Jeremy
Title: Re: Dance of the Haunted Trees - Part 4
Post by: MattNQ on February 18, 2017, 09:38:21 am
Great stuff!

Jeremy
Thanks Jeremy

sent from Earth via tapatalk

Title: Re: Dance of the Haunted Trees - Part 4
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on February 18, 2017, 09:49:23 am
Truly excellent, especially the first one and the last one, which are the same image I know, but I still think I prefer the processing of the first one by a whisker.

Great work  :)

Dave
Title: Re: Dance of the Haunted Trees - Part 4
Post by: John R on February 18, 2017, 09:03:32 pm
Truly wonderful series. The first has outstanding composition, IMO. The bottom shadow movement really takes the eye through the surreal magic of the image. Almost like river coursing through the trees.

JR
Title: Re: Dance of the Haunted Trees - Part 4
Post by: visualizer on February 20, 2017, 03:20:03 am
Matt,
Understating the dynamics of a
composition contained within a
frame can show real artistic talent.
You have that quality.
Thank you for your vision.
John M R
Title: Re: Dance of the Haunted Trees - Part 4
Post by: francois on February 20, 2017, 05:20:06 am
I love them all. The IR look is perfect to transform nice landscapes into a fairyland/magic place.
Title: Re: Dance of the Haunted Trees - Part 4
Post by: MattNQ on February 20, 2017, 09:45:10 am
Truly excellent, especially the first one and the last one, which are the same image I know, but I still think I prefer the processing of the first one by a whisker.

Great work  :)

Dave
Thanks Dave,

With the first & last shot (which are different images...slightly  :) ) , I circled around it to find the most effective composition. Had trouble splitting these two, but thought the first was slightly stronger in composition and how the light fell.
Title: Re: Dance of the Haunted Trees - Part 4
Post by: MattNQ on February 20, 2017, 09:46:29 am
Truly wonderful series. The first has outstanding composition, IMO. The bottom shadow movement really takes the eye through the surreal magic of the image. Almost like river coursing through the trees.

JR

Thank you John.
Title: Re: Dance of the Haunted Trees - Part 4
Post by: MattNQ on February 20, 2017, 09:52:21 am
Matt,
Understating the dynamics of a
composition contained within a
frame can show real artistic talent.
You have that quality.
Thank you for your vision.
John M R

Thank you John.
I don't always manage to successfully transfer the vision in my head into an image, but these ones worked surprisingly well  :)
Title: Re: Dance of the Haunted Trees - Part 4
Post by: MattNQ on February 20, 2017, 09:53:11 am
I love them all. The IR look is perfect to transform nice landscapes into a fairyland/magic place.

Thank you Francois.