Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: armand on February 08, 2017, 06:38:02 pm

Title: Power lines
Post by: armand on February 08, 2017, 06:38:02 pm
Power lines
Title: Re: Power lines
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on February 09, 2017, 01:01:02 am
Definitely not a popular subject, but very well done.
The second one really captures the essence for me.
Title: Re: Power lines
Post by: BobDavid on February 09, 2017, 02:20:04 am
I'm oddly attracted to power lines, substations, and cabling too. We are an eccentric bunch. ... I think the second photo is the best of the set. It's sort of funny and menacing.

The last one is good but not as unique as the second.

I like the absence of treetops, clouds, and ground. It may be interesting to shoot at night using a strobe for a complimentary effect.

Stay with it.
Title: Re: Power lines
Post by: armand on February 09, 2017, 09:13:12 am
Thanks. I wouldn't say I'm that attracted to power lines but it was the more interesting subject around me at that time and they were really nice to stay still while I was playing with the manual focus lenses I had with me (as opposed to the kids who were making manual focus a pain).

I do like the first one also because of the juxtaposition of old and new.
Title: Re: Power lines
Post by: GrahamBy on February 09, 2017, 10:17:38 am
First one for me, there is the perpective and the sense of going somewhere...
Title: Re: Power lines
Post by: francois on February 10, 2017, 03:49:37 am
And I thought I was weird… So I'm not alone with this Power Lines attraction!

Nice ones, Armand.
Title: Re: Power lines
Post by: BobDavid on February 10, 2017, 01:04:26 pm
And I thought I was weird… So I'm not alone with this Power Lines attraction!

Nice ones, Armand.

One of my favorite "underground" comics artist, Robert Crumb, has a thing for power lines: R Crumb's Power LInes (http://time.com/3802766/r-crumbs-snapshots-source-material-of-the-legendary-comic-artist/)
Title: Re: Power lines
Post by: armand on February 10, 2017, 02:55:08 pm
My better one is this one, I posted it here few months ago


(http://armandtanase.zenfolio.com/img/s7/v162/p386024152-5.jpg)
Title: Re: Power lines
Post by: armand on February 10, 2017, 02:57:48 pm
I also have this one  :D

(http://armandtanase.zenfolio.com/img/s10/v109/p1771078101-4.jpg)
Title: Re: Power lines
Post by: visualizer on February 11, 2017, 03:33:55 am
The balance and dynamics of your
compositions are fantastic. I appreciate
your care in the careful arrangement of
the poles. Negative space is wonderfully
implied and achieved.
Well Done!
John M R
Title: Re: Power lines
Post by: Blue439 on February 11, 2017, 04:29:16 am
Yeah, there are some nice ones, however I hate power lines and pylons so much I ache just looking at them! To think that I strive to avoid them, or that I carefully photoshop them out when I must...!

I suppose most of us have weird attractions, though. Personally, it's disused and decaying railroads, rolling stock and stations...  ::)  ;D
Title: Re: Power lines
Post by: armand on February 12, 2017, 05:26:39 pm
The balance and dynamics of your
compositions are fantastic. I appreciate
your care in the careful arrangement of
the poles. Negative space is wonderfully
implied and achieved.
Well Done!
John M R

Thank you!
Title: Re: Power lines
Post by: francois on February 13, 2017, 09:32:40 am
One of my favorite "underground" comics artist, Robert Crumb, has a thing for power lines: R Crumb's Power LInes (http://time.com/3802766/r-crumbs-snapshots-source-material-of-the-legendary-comic-artist/)

A good read, thanks!
Title: Re: Power lines
Post by: armand on February 21, 2017, 06:48:24 pm
I don't admit to any attraction  :D but I was again in the area so this time I took its number.