Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Vieri Bottazzini on February 08, 2017, 11:12:03 am

Title: Sunset in Riomaggiore, le Cinque Terre
Post by: Vieri Bottazzini on February 08, 2017, 11:12:03 am
Back from Death Valley, while I am processing the hundreds of images gotten during my Workshops there I thought I'd post a little sunset study from Riomaggiore, in le Cinque Terre:

(https://vieribottazzini.com/wp-content/uploads/S0070945.jpg)

Leica S (007), Leica Summarit-S 35mm, 8 sec @ f/8. Best,

Vieri
Title: Re: Sunset in Riomaggiore, le Cinque Terre
Post by: thierrylegros396 on February 08, 2017, 12:53:10 pm
Fantastic atmosphere.

Thierry
Title: Re: Sunset in Riomaggiore, le Cinque Terre
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on February 09, 2017, 06:25:02 am
Very good.
Title: Re: Sunset in Riomaggiore, le Cinque Terre
Post by: stamper on February 09, 2017, 08:05:23 am
I very much like it but an infilling of the burnt out sun would make it a very fine image.
Title: Re: Sunset in Riomaggiore, le Cinque Terre
Post by: francois on February 10, 2017, 03:50:39 am
Very different from DV but so beautifully done!
Title: Re: Sunset in Riomaggiore, le Cinque Terre
Post by: Vieri Bottazzini on February 15, 2017, 04:25:29 am
Fantastic atmosphere.

Thierry

Thank you very much Thierry, glad you enjoyed it :)

Very good.

Thank you very much Paulo! :)

I very much like it but an infilling of the burnt out sun would make it a very fine image.

Thank you stamper! I actually tried when first processing the image, but it looked fake... Generally speaking, I completely agree with you that burned highlights are to be avoided - except in situations like this, when shooting into the sun; since it is clear that there is the sun there, and since even with the naked eye, one cannot look at it without burning... one's retina! :)

Very different from DV but so beautifully done!

Thank you very much francois, much appreciated! :)

Best,

Vieri