Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: brianrybolt on February 08, 2017, 04:54:01 am

Title: Water With Bridge - Isle of Sheppy - Kent, UK
Post by: brianrybolt on February 08, 2017, 04:54:01 am
Shot this at the end of the day on my way home.

Title: Re: Water With Bridge - Isle of Sheppy - Kent, UK
Post by: sdwilsonsct on February 08, 2017, 09:18:12 am
I like the symmetry. I wonder if B&W would work.
Title: Re: Water With Bridge - Isle of Sheppy - Kent, UK
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on February 09, 2017, 06:25:38 am
Well seen and shot.
Title: Re: Water With Bridge - Isle of Sheppy - Kent, UK
Post by: mbaginy on February 09, 2017, 06:39:51 am
I like the geometry and agree with Scott - try a b&w conversion.
Title: Re: Water With Bridge - Isle of Sheppy - Kent, UK
Post by: stamper on February 09, 2017, 08:03:24 am
I like the geometry and agree with Scott - try a b&w conversion.

Impressive. I agree with the above.
Title: Re: Water With Bridge - Isle of Sheppy - Kent, UK (Black - White)
Post by: brianrybolt on February 09, 2017, 10:52:39 am
Now a Black / White.  I'm leaning towards the color version but I like the B/W more than I thought I would.

Thanks guys for the feedback.
Title: Re: Water With Bridge - Isle of Sheppy - Kent, UK
Post by: mbaginy on February 09, 2017, 01:49:26 pm
Thanks for the b&w, Brian.  I think I agree with your assessment - I'm also leaning towards the color image.
Title: Re: Water With Bridge - Isle of Sheppy - Kent, UK
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on February 09, 2017, 02:11:51 pm
I like both versions.
If you have an exhibit that is mostly color, I would use the color one, and use the B&W one if most of the nearby prints are also black and white.

Very classy image.
Title: Re: Water With Bridge - Isle of Sheppy - Kent, UK
Post by: paulster on February 09, 2017, 02:45:00 pm
I like the colour version.

I always thought about photographing the old Kingsferry bridge, but I like this viewpoint on the new one.