Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: maddogmurph on February 07, 2017, 01:50:48 am

Title: Painted Layers
Post by: maddogmurph on February 07, 2017, 01:50:48 am
Square or Pano?
Title: Re: Painted Layers
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on February 07, 2017, 05:46:44 am
My pick is the square ("but that may be just me.")
Title: Re: Painted Layers
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on February 07, 2017, 06:38:39 am
I like both:)
Title: Re: Painted Layers
Post by: graeme on February 07, 2017, 08:20:12 am
I like the square but I bet the pano would look great as a print hung in the right setting.

Lovely images both.
Title: Re: Painted Layers
Post by: thierrylegros396 on February 07, 2017, 10:52:27 am
I like the square but I bet the pano would look great as a print hung in the right setting.

Lovely images both.

+1

Pano needs to be big!!!

But I've also tried to crop the pano like this.

I think it works too.

Thierry
Title: Re: Painted Layers
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on February 07, 2017, 02:33:17 pm
Square or Pano?

Square. Not that there's anything wrong with the pano; it's just not as good.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Painted Layers
Post by: JohnBeasley on February 08, 2017, 07:17:46 am
Pano for me, but Iv been on a whole pano trip of late.
The square crop is nice but its such a vast landscape, why not give it the space it deserves and then the little fleck of rainbow is just an added interest rather then a focal point?
Title: Re: Painted Layers
Post by: robertDthomas on February 09, 2017, 08:39:54 pm
I like both as well but agree with OP that if you choose the pano needs to be big.
Title: Re: Painted Layers
Post by: francois on February 10, 2017, 04:09:33 am
I'd vote for square, it's more focused.
Title: Re: Painted Layers
Post by: Tony Jay on February 10, 2017, 04:28:48 am
I'd vote for square, it's more focused.
I really like panoramas (making them as well as viewing them) but I agree with francois here.

Tony Jay