Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Fred Salamon on February 07, 2017, 12:41:16 am

Title: Custom ICC Profile for P800 and Epson UPPPL
Post by: Fred Salamon on February 07, 2017, 12:41:16 am
If memory serves one of the members here posted a link to a custom icc profile for an Epson Surecolor P800 and Epson Ultra Premium Photo Paper Luster.
I have tried searching under various combinations of search terms but no luck.

Am I misguided or can someone help me out.


Title: Re: Custom ICC Profile for P800 and Epson UPPPL
Post by: BobShaw on February 07, 2017, 01:41:14 am
Even if you do find it what is the point? A custom profile is made your printer, not someone else's, as they are all different.
Title: Re: Custom ICC Profile for P800 and Epson UPPPL
Post by: Doug Gray on February 07, 2017, 02:09:20 am
Even if you do find it what is the point? A custom profile is made your printer, not someone else's, as they are all different.
Yes, that's the problem with custom profiles. OEM profiles are built around the median (gold standard?) printer. A custom profile will be built on a specific printer. A different printer's profile will usually vary more when used on another printer.
Title: Re: Custom ICC Profile for P800 and Epson UPPPL
Post by: Dale Villeponteaux on February 07, 2017, 02:51:27 pm
If you're interested in a custom profile for your printer, Andrew Rodney can make one. http://digitaldog.net/services.html

Regards,
Dale V.
Title: Re: Custom ICC Profile for P800 and Epson UPPPL
Post by: Fred Salamon on February 08, 2017, 12:36:42 am
Thank you all for your advice and time.
I understand what a custom profile is and does.
I do not see any harm however in trying one that someone has already made.
So, if anyone can point me towards that I would be most appreciative.