Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: JohnBeasley on February 04, 2017, 08:11:42 am

Title: Forget your Super Bowl, its all about a trip to the Bera Bowl.
Post by: JohnBeasley on February 04, 2017, 08:11:42 am
What really started my love for photography, was a love for the ocean. I have been involved in watersports since I was maybe 12, so over the years, I have covered most of the Irish coastline, searching for waves and as the saying goes, pics or it didnt happen, so I would always tote a camera with me to these random corners of our fine land to prove there really were waves and I wasnt mad.
Over the years, it became more about the pictures and less about the waves.

The first time I stumbled across this location was on one of those wing and a prayer missions to find surf and at the time, I gave it no more then a passing glance as pretty rocks, as it wasnt as important as finding waves....
I have been back down that way since a few times, but in the middle of the day, or in the rain and just was never really feeling it as an image.
It is an absolute HAUL to get there, the roads are terrible and its just miles from everything, so this trip was nearly as much about the journey as the image :)

In my previous life, I worked as a sales rep on the road, covering the south end of the country (really played into the driving to random locations, looking for waves) well, I use drive this road, once a month, every month and this was the first time, I ever noticed this tree.
The van came to a screeching halt, a "wee" bit of trespassing up someones drive way to find a way into the field and there, wild flowers, mountains, a lone tree :) What more do you want! (well, nice light, but its been filed away now to be revisited this summer :) )

Anyway, onwards the journey continued and I have been on a bit of a panorama trip of late, so again, it would have been rude not to get one of the whole bay (there is a pic of me on the roof of my van trying to get this shot)

Back into the van and pottering further onwards, we finally made it to the Bera Bowl!
This place has been photographed SO many times, its a wee bit cliched, but, its an amazing formation that just crys out to be photographed.

Hope you've enjoyed the ramblings.

Title: Re: Forget your Super Bowl, its all about a trip to the Bera Bowl.
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on February 04, 2017, 09:06:36 am
Nice set. The last one is my favorite.
Title: Re: Forget your Super Bowl, its all about a trip to the Bera Bowl.
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on February 04, 2017, 02:09:52 pm
Nice set. The last one is my favorite.

Yes indeed, although I might crop just a little off the bottom, to remove the blurred rock.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Forget your Super Bowl, its all about a trip to the Bera Bowl.
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on February 04, 2017, 03:38:29 pm
Yes indeed, although I might crop just a little off the bottom, to remove the blurred rock.

Jeremy
I could certainly accept a version with that rock just cropped out.
Title: Re: Forget your Super Bowl, its all about a trip to the Bera Bowl.
Post by: sdwilsonsct on February 04, 2017, 08:25:31 pm
#3 seems very strong to me: good leading lines.
Title: Re: Forget your Super Bowl, its all about a trip to the Bera Bowl.
Post by: maddogmurph on February 04, 2017, 11:35:36 pm
Nice set. The last one is my favorite.

+1 - clear winner in my eyes. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FOCUS STACK!!! ;P Still strong even with the blur.
Title: Re: Forget your Super Bowl, its all about a trip to the Bera Bowl.
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on February 06, 2017, 04:09:43 am
Excellent set. Agree with others ref. #4.

What is Super Bowl, a cereal brand:)?