Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: TimShoebridge on February 04, 2017, 07:31:00 am

Title: Fuji GX680
Post by: TimShoebridge on February 04, 2017, 07:31:00 am
For anyone interested in the GX680 or who maybe used one back in the day, I put together this small 2 minute video as a little tribute to this great camera... https://vimeo.com/201036876
Title: Re: Fuji GX680
Post by: TimoK on February 04, 2017, 10:32:57 am
In film times Fuji 680 was well known as HQ MF studio camera. Problems came with digitalisaton.
There were difficulties to adopt DB's to 680. Today, I don't know, what's  the situation.
Title: Re: Fuji GX680
Post by: andyptak on February 04, 2017, 11:07:04 am
It's been a long time since I used my GX680III, but I could never get rid of it.

Frustratingly slow to set up and shoot with, which is part of the charm, and digital can be a bit of a headache.

But simply the best camera I ever owned.
Title: Re: Fuji GX680
Post by: EricWHiss on February 04, 2017, 03:13:40 pm
Nice video, and thanks!  I have my GX680III still in my gear closet.  I don't use it much and the last time was just shooing film with it but both my digital backs can be adapter to it.   I know a lot of food and product photographers that really love their GX680 particularly with the multishot digital backs.