Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: sailronin on January 30, 2017, 10:44:53 pm

Title: Yosemite view
Post by: sailronin on January 30, 2017, 10:44:53 pm
(https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/338/32459890551_31cf659f98_b.jpg)

Hasselblad 503CW with 80mm Planar on Kodak Ektar 100
Title: Re: Yosemite view
Post by: algrove on January 31, 2017, 07:55:23 am
I had heard there was an immense amount of snow at Yosemite.  However, I see very little if any. What were the temps when you were there? Just happen to think, did you take this recently, like in the last week ?
Title: Re: Yosemite view
Post by: MAmaro on January 31, 2017, 02:01:01 pm
The National Park Service has webcam services for different parts of the park to see current conditions:

https://www.nps.gov/yose/learn/photosmultimedia/webcams.htm

[Note:  some the of the cameras just take snapshots with date and time stamps, but it should be helpful]
Title: Re: Yosemite view
Post by: HSakols on January 31, 2017, 07:47:19 pm
I alway get my web cam updates from https://www.yosemiteconservancy.org/webcams

I think I have shot one role of Ektar in Yosemite.  I was more of a Velvia guy!
Title: Re: Yosemite view
Post by: BernardLanguillier on January 31, 2017, 09:58:31 pm
Hasselblad 503CW with 80mm Planar on Kodak Ektar 100

Nice. Ektar, nostalgy! ;)

May I ask how you scanned this?

Cheers,
Bernard
Title: Re: Yosemite view
Post by: sailronin on January 31, 2017, 10:24:08 pm
I had heard there was an immense amount of snow at Yosemite.  However, I see very little if any. What were the temps when you were there? Just happen to think, did you take this recently, like in the last week ?
We were in Yosemite in December, just the week before Christmas 2016.
Title: Re: Yosemite view
Post by: razrblck on February 01, 2017, 02:33:17 am
Very nice!
Title: Re: Yosemite view
Post by: sailronin on February 01, 2017, 10:38:27 pm
Nice. Ektar, nostalgy! ;)

May I ask how you scanned this?

Cheers,
Bernard

It was scanned at Panda Photo in Seattle where the Ektar was processed. 
Title: Re: Yosemite view
Post by: Bo_Dez on February 02, 2017, 06:19:10 am
Now you are talking!

This is beautiful and just instantly has every aesthetic I love and try to make digital look like.

I don't think I can resist the allure of film much longer and am likely to leave all my digital hang ups behind and return to film at least in a large portion.

The crazy expense of digital, the constant upgrades, the constant service issues, the fact I just prefer the look of film...I'm over digital in so many ways and I think I am ready to embrace the beauty and simplicity of film again and accept it has less convenience. The amount I spend in from of a computer these days just means it's a false convenience anyway.
Title: Re: Yosemite view
Post by: EricWHiss on February 04, 2017, 03:21:04 pm
Very nice!