Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: shadowblade on January 27, 2017, 10:54:53 am

Title: Mt Fuji and Lake Ashi from Daikanzan - Hakone region, Japan
Post by: shadowblade on January 27, 2017, 10:54:53 am
Sunset over Mt Fuji and Lake Ashi from Daikanzan.

Sony A7r with Canon 70-200mm, stitched.

I really hate sRGB - the red channel is clipped in the sRGB JPEG here, but is well within the Adobe RGB gamut in the TIFF. As is the case for almost every photo I take.
Title: Re: Mt Fuji and Lake Ashi from Daikanzan - Hakone region, Japan
Post by: Tony Jay on January 28, 2017, 04:20:14 am
Beautiful on my monitor but I appreciate your issues with sRGB; I imagine this to be absolutely stunning as a large print!

Tony Jay
Title: Re: Mt Fuji and Lake Ashi from Daikanzan - Hakone region, Japan
Post by: Chairman Bill on January 28, 2017, 05:42:13 am
It's quite stunning. Beautifully composed.
Title: Re: Mt Fuji and Lake Ashi from Daikanzan - Hakone region, Japan
Post by: stamper on January 28, 2017, 05:43:51 am
First class!
Title: Re: Mt Fuji and Lake Ashi from Daikanzan - Hakone region, Japan
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on January 28, 2017, 08:52:12 am
Lovely shot!

The solution to your sRGB problem is obvious. Just buy wide-spectrum monitors for all of us who might ever want to view your images. Then you can do them in ARGB at least (until ProFoto monitors come along).   ;)
Title: Re: Mt Fuji and Lake Ashi from Daikanzan - Hakone region, Japan
Post by: francois on January 28, 2017, 12:12:29 pm
Lovely shot!

The solution to your sRGB problem is obvious. Just buy wide-spectrum monitors for all of us who might ever want to view your images. Then you can do them in ARGB at least (until ProFoto monitors come along).   ;)

Put me on the list for the new display…

Stunning vista by the way!
Title: Re: Mt Fuji and Lake Ashi from Daikanzan - Hakone region, Japan
Post by: sdwilsonsct on January 29, 2017, 04:36:33 am
It's quite stunning. Beautifully composed.

Yes, great colour as always but the composition is also very pleasing.
Title: Re: Mt Fuji and Lake Ashi from Daikanzan - Hakone region, Japan
Post by: thierrylegros396 on January 29, 2017, 07:34:23 am
Beautiful on my monitor but I appreciate your issues with sRGB; I imagine this to be absolutely stunning as a large print!

Tony Jay

+1

Thierry
Title: Re: Mt Fuji and Lake Ashi from Daikanzan - Hakone region, Japan
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on January 30, 2017, 04:54:09 am
Beautiful.
Title: Re: Mt Fuji and Lake Ashi from Daikanzan - Hakone region, Japan
Post by: JohnBeasley on January 31, 2017, 10:08:34 am
Really lovely. Lovely warm tones.
Can I ask how many images have you stitched? Iv been going on a bit of a panorama spree of later and lightroom/photoshop has been having a melt down every time.
Title: Re: Mt Fuji and Lake Ashi from Daikanzan - Hakone region, Japan
Post by: shadowblade on January 31, 2017, 10:19:26 am
Really lovely. Lovely warm tones.
Can I ask how many images have you stitched? Iv been going on a bit of a panorama spree of later and lightroom/photoshop has been having a melt down every time.

4. There was also a 4-stop GND filter in the mix. I could have done it without the filter, but that would have meant more noise in the shadows or the use of multiple exposures.
Title: Re: Mt Fuji and Lake Ashi from Daikanzan - Hakone region, Japan
Post by: JohnBeasley on January 31, 2017, 10:33:44 am
Really worked well.
Title: Re: Mt Fuji and Lake Ashi from Daikanzan - Hakone region, Japan
Post by: maddogmurph on February 04, 2017, 11:50:25 pm
I really hate sRGB - the red channel is clipped in the sRGB JPEG here, but is well within the Adobe RGB gamut in the TIFF. As is the case for almost every photo I take.

The struggle is REAL!