Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: maddogmurph on January 26, 2017, 02:36:14 am

Title: Rockfoam
Post by: maddogmurph on January 26, 2017, 02:36:14 am
Not too many people doing vertical pano's these days. Most websites and applications don't view them favorably on screen is I think the main reason. This day there was foam layers on the lake - I opened the shutter for about a minute to capture the gradient that the foam made as it drifted. Then I focus stacked it and blended it manually, which was a real pain in the ass, but the auto stack in photoshop doesn't work on images like this. Didn't come out perfect but they never do.
Title: Re: Rockfoam
Post by: francois on January 26, 2017, 04:57:53 am
Simply beautiful. The vertical pano works perfectly here!
Title: Re: Rockfoam
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on January 26, 2017, 05:04:33 am
Nice result.
Title: Re: Rockfoam
Post by: sdwilsonsct on January 26, 2017, 05:10:48 am
Not too many people doing vertical pano's these days.

All the more reason.

Very pleasing.
Title: Re: Rockfoam
Post by: Kevin Gallagher on January 26, 2017, 07:06:59 am
 What Francois said!! Just lovely!!

 Kevin in CT
Title: Re: Rockfoam
Post by: Bob_B on January 26, 2017, 08:43:15 am
+1.
Title: Re: Rockfoam
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on January 26, 2017, 08:45:49 am
Nice.
Title: Re: Rockfoam
Post by: MattBurt on January 26, 2017, 12:37:42 pm
Very nice. I was going to say the distant rocks needed to be more visible but when I zoom in they look much better.
I bet this would look great printed and might make a nice interesting shape for someone with a perfect spot for it.
Title: Re: Rockfoam
Post by: JohnBeasley on January 30, 2017, 04:41:14 pm
Very nice!
Lovely to see a vertical pano, you did a lovely job with it.
Title: Re: Rockfoam
Post by: Cornfield on January 31, 2017, 09:57:49 am
Very nice image and well done vertical pano.