Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: mseawell on January 25, 2017, 10:05:08 pm

Title: Manifestations of the Spirit
Post by: mseawell on January 25, 2017, 10:05:08 pm
What is the land? Photographers think of things such as mountains, trees, clouds and they are correct but I would argue there is so much more. Beyond the physical, something invisible to the eyes but not the heart. There is an element the binds these moments of beauty into a larger being, it is sensed rather then seen, felt to our very core, a faith, if you will, that we are really in the presence of something far greater, as grand as a mountain, as deep as the sea...Manifestations of the Spirit.
Title: Re: Manifestations of the Spirit
Post by: drmike on January 26, 2017, 02:31:38 am
Putting all your words to one side I bet that image looks wonderful printed as large as you can. I'm no good at landscapes but I hope I can recognise quality when I see it.
Title: Re: Manifestations of the Spirit
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on January 26, 2017, 05:07:00 am
Good B&W.
Title: Re: Manifestations of the Spirit
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on January 26, 2017, 09:18:09 am
Minor White would certainly approve. And I do.
Title: Re: Manifestations of the Spirit
Post by: mseawell on January 26, 2017, 12:11:09 pm
Thanks for all the kind comments!
Title: Re: Manifestations of the Spirit
Post by: MattBurt on January 26, 2017, 12:22:38 pm
Nice shot. I feel it too!