Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: maddogmurph on January 25, 2017, 04:15:07 pm

Title: Light of the Storm
Post by: maddogmurph on January 25, 2017, 04:15:07 pm
Driving to Yosemite in snow storms can seem sort of insane at times. Blanketed in white snow a road winds through the forest to this mythical and mysterious place where millions of people have traveled to for thousands of years in awe of the splendor left by the aftermath of glaciers carving the granite like wooden logs.

This day would prove to be stormy, clouds rolling in and out, and at this moment everyone scattered as the storm hit. The sky went nearly black and the snow starting coming down hard and sideways. I had no where to go, and had about 20 layers of clothes on so I hung around by myself watching the snow fall in the blackness... then the light started to creep back into the valley from some unseen hole in the clouds. For a brief moment the valley lit up, and then faded back into darkness.
Title: Re: Light of the Storm
Post by: Patricia Sheley on January 25, 2017, 05:20:42 pm
Now that's glorious light!!!!!!
Title: Re: Light of the Storm
Post by: Bob_B on January 25, 2017, 06:32:22 pm
Now that's glorious light!!!!!!
+1, simply 'wow!'
Title: Re: Light of the Storm
Post by: graeme on January 25, 2017, 09:08:14 pm
Great work. That's really something.
Title: Re: Light of the Storm
Post by: mseawell on January 25, 2017, 10:03:17 pm
Maddog, this shot is out of control. Print this and hang it high. Great capture of mood and tone.

Mark
Title: Re: Light of the Storm
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on January 26, 2017, 03:43:57 am
It's a fantastic shot, and its presence here indicates that, thankfully, you got out alive.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Light of the Storm
Post by: stamper on January 26, 2017, 03:52:35 am
Wonderful, simply wonderful.
Title: Re: Light of the Storm
Post by: francois on January 26, 2017, 04:47:55 am
I can only add my praises to the previous ones.
Title: Re: Light of the Storm
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on January 26, 2017, 05:06:07 am
Fantastic. The only way to make it better is if the light was hitting the waterfall:)
Title: Re: Light of the Storm
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on January 26, 2017, 09:19:37 am
Gorgeous light. Very painterly, in the best way.
Title: Re: Light of the Storm
Post by: MattBurt on January 26, 2017, 12:24:16 pm
Wonderful! These are the moments I also pursue and only very occasionally get to witness. Gorgeous image!
Title: Re: Light of the Storm
Post by: KMRennie on February 03, 2017, 08:28:40 am
I never thought that I would ever say it- Awesome!. Ken
Title: Re: Light of the Storm
Post by: brandtb on February 03, 2017, 12:52:53 pm
great image
Title: Re: Light of the Storm
Post by: Chairman Bill on February 03, 2017, 01:28:55 pm
I think that deserves a heartfelt Wow! Superb.
Title: Re: Light of the Storm
Post by: maddogmurph on February 04, 2017, 11:27:16 pm
I never thought that I would ever say it- Awesome!. Ken

Thank you Ken, but I'm not sure why you never thought you'd say it?