Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: sierraman on January 22, 2017, 08:38:15 pm
-
Made it back to one of my favorite areas to photograph, the Alabama Hills. As usual, Mobius Arch put on the perfect pose.
Had a wonderful waning moon in the background along with Lone Pine Peak.
-
The view of the peek-a-boo mountains through the arch really makes it.
Good seeing.
-
I like everything in this shot. The arch is spectacular and the pristine white mountains in the distance fantastic. The moon is an added bonus.
Well done!
-
+1. Great composition and lighting, and a most interesting rock.
-
Thanks everyone. Wasn't sure about the moon's position in the image at first but I've grown to like it. :)
-
You certainly get around! I would like to return to the Alabama Hills.
-
Being from Canada, I looked at this and thought, "Gee, Alabama doesn't have snow-capped mountains like those in the background."
Sure enough, they don't! A quick trip to Google explained my confusion!
Great shot. Thanks for sharing and for extending my knowledge of US geography!
-
Being from Canada, I looked at this and thought, "Gee, Alabama doesn't have snow-capped mountains like those in the background."
Sure enough, they don't! A quick trip to Google explained my confusion!
Great shot. Thanks for sharing and for extending my knowledge of US geography!
It does seem like an odd name for a California location but it's a wonderful place to photograph. :)
-
What a great shot. I only wish for a tad more room on the bottom, for the rock to breathe a bit more.