Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: Hekoru on January 18, 2017, 12:49:44 pm

Title: CFV-50c Battery PSA
Post by: Hekoru on January 18, 2017, 12:49:44 pm
Hi all,

At least in the UK, Hasselblad wants 140 pounds for a new battery (confirmed with Calumet earlier this week). I found out that the Sony NP-F570 is the exact same model and fully compatible with the back, and can be had for 17-25 pounds.

So if you need more batteries, no need to go the Hasselblad route.

Hope this helps!

P.S: If this is general knowledge, MODs please feel free to delete this thread.
Title: Re: CFV-50c Battery PSA
Post by: Jager on January 20, 2017, 06:25:31 am
One of the things that surprised me when I bought my CFV-50c is that it did not come with a Hasselblad-branded battery.  Instead, the back shipped with a generic, name-I'd-never-heard-of battery (the battery is a common Sony camcorder style, and there are many variants on the market).  I was surprised enough that I contacted Hasselblad technical support in New Jersey to verify their recommendation.  They confirmed that the no-name battery I received was one of two generics they were including with the CFV-50c.

The good news is that the battery cost $20.  Spares are very affordable!

Are you saying the battery you received is branded as "Hasselblad?"
Title: Re: CFV-50c Battery PSA
Post by: Hekoru on January 21, 2017, 08:23:51 am
Hi Jager,

My battery is branded duracell, but I didn't know at the time that it was a standard battery. That's why I tried to get one through hasselblad.