Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Pluminland on January 18, 2017, 11:31:37 am

Title: Where to sell a z3200
Post by: Pluminland on January 18, 2017, 11:31:37 am
Greetings,

I have been struggling with a Z3200 that has the printhead carriage stuck on the left side of the printer and, a worn belt that needs replacement.

In talking to a friend yesterday, he suggested that rather than repair the machine myself, or pay somebody to do the repair, that I just sell it to somebody who has the time to repair it and end up with a Z3200 that is otherwise in pretty good shape.

I would replace the Z3200 with a smaller printer which takes up less space and would meet most of my needs.

So, I am wondering if anybody has sold one of these big, wide professional printers like a Z3200.   How did you advertise it?  Where should I look to sell it? 

Or is this just a crazy idea?


Title: Re: Where to sell a z3200
Post by: dgberg on January 18, 2017, 11:37:48 am
Local pickup is almost a must.
Always someone looking for a printer to tinker with.
Ebay or Craigslist or the half dozen or so printer forums.
What part of the world are you from, profile is empty.
Title: Re: Where to sell a z3200
Post by: hogloff on January 18, 2017, 12:01:10 pm
Local pickup is almost a must.
Always someone looking for a printer to tinker with.
Ebay or Craigslist or the half dozen or so printer forums.
What part of the world are you from, profile is empty.

I bought a 24" Z3100 from the Boston area, had it crated and shipped to British Columbia without issue. Shipping costs were $350 can.
Title: Re: Where to sell a z3200
Post by: Pluminland on January 20, 2017, 03:30:23 pm
After toying with the idea of simply selling the printer to somebody who might repair it themselves, I decided that the best bet is to save some money and repair it myself.

So, I have ordered/bought the belt, some Torx screwdrivers, light machine oil as well as some of the other things necessary to do the job.

It looks like I can give it a try towards the end of the month.