Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: jcaldwell on July 20, 2006, 09:00:58 pm

Title: Lightroom Profiles-help
Post by: jcaldwell on July 20, 2006, 09:00:58 pm
I am working with the pC version of lightroom.  In the print section you select specific paper profiles, however, only the standard epson profiles show up.  I have created specific profiles using color vision.   How do you upload these in the print job settings under color managment.
thanks
david
Title: Lightroom Profiles-help
Post by: Kim Laine on July 21, 2006, 03:38:55 am
Find your way to your printer drivers. Right click on the printer you want to use, select Properties. Go to the Colour Management tab and add here the profiles yoy want to use.

These profiles will then be availale next time you start using Lightroom  

Kimi
Title: Lightroom Profiles-help
Post by: jolson12 on July 21, 2006, 12:04:57 pm
Quote
I am working with the pC version of lightroom.  In the print section you select specific paper profiles, however, only the standard epson profiles show up.  I have created specific profiles using color vision.   How do you upload these in the print job settings under color managment.
thanks
david
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=71334\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I ask this same question yesterday and David White set me straight.
Go to C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\color, right clicking on the profile(s) and selecting Install Profile, for each profile and you will be able to select them from the Lightroom list.
Hope this helps.
Title: Lightroom Profiles-help
Post by: Serge Cashman on July 21, 2006, 04:32:39 pm
On XP you can also install the  XP color control panel applet and do it from there. Install in the Profiles tab, associate  in the Devices tab.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&DisplayLang=en (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1e33dca0-7721-43ca-9174-7f8d429fbb9e&DisplayLang=en)