Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Bob_B on January 17, 2017, 04:09:41 pm

Title: Orchid Sophronitis cernua
Post by: Bob_B on January 17, 2017, 04:09:41 pm
I have a fondness for miniature orchids, and one of my favorites is a Brazilian species, Sophronitis cernua. My S. cernua is mounted on a cork slab, and started to bloom a few days ago for the first time. The small flowers (mine are about 3/4 inch edge to edge) are a pleasant orange with some yellow. The anther cap is tinted purple, which nicely contrasts the rest of the flower. I hope you will agree they photograph rather well, and are especially nice to see during the gloomy days of January.

Thank you for viewing, and I appreciate your comments.

Bob
Title: Re: Orchid Sophronitis cernua
Post by: luxborealis on January 17, 2017, 09:21:32 pm
A gorgeous portrait, Bob. Beautiful light and a complementary background to give the photo some depth.
Title: Re: Orchid Sophronitis cernua
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on January 17, 2017, 11:54:10 pm
A gorgeous portrait, Bob. Beautiful light and a complementary background to give the photo some depth.
I agree.
Title: Re: Orchid Sophronitis cernua
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on January 18, 2017, 04:18:54 am
Nicely done.
Title: Re: Orchid Sophronitis cernua
Post by: Tony Jay on January 18, 2017, 04:27:42 am
Shots like this are a big reason why I hang around this joint!
Mmmm, just savour that beautiful subtle light!

Tony Jay
Title: Re: Orchid Sophronitis cernua
Post by: Bob_B on January 18, 2017, 08:24:53 am
Terry, Eric, Paulo, and Tony: You are very kind in your compliments. Thank you.