Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: Geoffrey James on January 16, 2017, 06:09:12 pm

Title: Lightroom upgrade problem
Post by: Geoffrey James on January 16, 2017, 06:09:12 pm
I have upgraded Lightroom from a version 3 to the latest Creative Cloud,  and am having problems.  The first is that I can't find a print preview option -- can't believe they have eliminated it.  The paper size menu did not include 17x22,  so I make do with A2. (I could custom enter 17x22 on my new Canon 1000.  At the moment,  it insists on printing 14x21 in print in the vertical mode,  with size reduced to fit.  I'm sure I am doing things wrong,  but it would nice to have a preview to see what the system is giving me.
Title: Re: Lightroom upgrade problem
Post by: Mark D Segal on January 16, 2017, 07:25:06 pm
Maybe you need to watch the latest videos and/or buy an up-to-date book on the latest versions of LR.

Paper sizes for printing are accessible in the printer driver which you reach from the Page Set-Up menu in the lower left or lower right corners of the interface. What's there depends on your printer and printer driver. If the size you want isn't there, you simply create a preset. Between the Info, the Guides and the Print Resolution checkbox you can see the print size and the resolution, or not as you choose, in the Print Module. If by seeing a Print preview you meant a softproof, you get that too in the Develop Module by hitting "S".
Title: Re: Lightroom upgrade problem
Post by: Geoffrey James on January 16, 2017, 10:51:56 pm
Thank you, Mark -- and also for your great contribution in testing stuff. I am going to have to do my home work.