Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: sdwilsonsct on January 16, 2017, 01:45:13 pm

Title: Dark days
Post by: sdwilsonsct on January 16, 2017, 01:45:13 pm
...on Lofoten. Reine, Hamnøy and Å.
Feedback welcome.
Title: Re: Dark days
Post by: graeme on January 16, 2017, 05:10:45 pm
Nice work Scott. #1 is my favourite, the difference in scale between the mountain & the buildings is very well captured. Have you thought of a BW treatment the image is practically monochromatic anyway.
Title: Re: Dark days
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on January 17, 2017, 04:16:48 am
Very different from the more common "postcard" shots I have seen before from this place. Indeed #1 is very good.
Title: Re: Dark days
Post by: sdwilsonsct on January 17, 2017, 02:43:43 pm
Have you thought of a BW treatment the image is practically monochromatic anyway.

Thanks, Graeme, yes, I looked at it. Perhaps there isn't enough texture or contrast to make it work. These images seem weak to me, and b&w didn't help.

Thanks, Paulo. It wasn't exactly classic vacation weather, but wonderful to behold.
Title: Re: Dark days
Post by: Tony Jay on January 18, 2017, 04:48:27 am
Compared to the others image #1 is lowest key image, yet, like most others who have commented, I consider it the best.
That mountain clothed in mist yet still visible is just magical and arresting - I cannot keep my eyes off of it!

Tony Jay