Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: sarrasani on January 16, 2017, 10:26:14 am

Title: Prè St. Didier Gorge
Post by: sarrasani on January 16, 2017, 10:26:14 am
three images from the same point of view.
35 mm. (Summicron leica-r) for 1, 10 mm.  (Voigtlander) 2 and 3. 24X36 digital (A7r).
Enjoy some and/or someone of them if you want, and all the best for you,
Sandro
Your favourite? (Or less bad)

Here the "real" images, if you want to evaluate details and transitions

4k resolution  1 (https://photos.smugmug.com/Aosta-12-2016/i-m9NpQ6s/0/O/_DSC8123_DxO.jpg)

4k resolution 2 (https://photos.smugmug.com/Aosta-12-2016/i-rNvNktH/0/O/_DSC8130_DxO.jpg)

4k resolution 3 (https://photos.smugmug.com/Aosta-12-2016/i-dFMHfSz/0/O/_DSC8127_DxO.jpg)


and here the previews

Title: Re: Prè St. Didier Gorge
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on January 17, 2017, 04:18:06 am
I prefer the less exaggerated perspective in #1.
Title: Re: Prè St. Didier Gorge
Post by: francois on January 17, 2017, 07:06:34 am
Very nice set but I also prefer the first one with the second being a close second. The only thing I would change is the rectangular sign on the bridge. It looks like someone left an open laptop there. I would clone it out.
Title: Re: Prè St. Didier Gorge
Post by: sarrasani on January 17, 2017, 05:14:44 pm
I prefer the less exaggerated perspective in #1.

thank you much.
All the best,
sandro
Title: Re: Prè St. Didier Gorge
Post by: sarrasani on January 17, 2017, 05:16:13 pm
Very nice set but I also prefer the first one with the second being a close second. The only thing I would change is the rectangular sign on the bridge. It looks like someone left an open laptop there. I would clone it out.

You are right. it's disturbing (a brass opened book, recently added....).
Thank you much, and all the best,
sandro
Title: Re: Prè St. Didier Gorge
Post by: Tony Jay on January 18, 2017, 04:35:00 am
I can see the point of each image but if the bridge is really supposed to be the ultimate subject of the image then #1 is by far the best and it is a wonderful study!

Tony Jay
Title: Re: Prè St. Didier Gorge
Post by: sarrasani on January 18, 2017, 08:21:41 am
I can see the point of each image but if the bridge is really supposed to be the ultimate subject of the image then #1 is by far the best and it is a wonderful study!

Tony Jay

Thank you much! I like to capture scenes also without a clear and "no doubt" subject.   But it's probably one of my weaknesses....
All the best,
sandro
Title: Re: Prè St. Didier Gorge
Post by: MattBurt on January 18, 2017, 03:53:09 pm
I really like the exaggerated foreground rocks in #2. They really being me in for more eye-wandering. Nice!
Title: Re: Prè St. Didier Gorge
Post by: luxborealis on January 21, 2017, 11:27:59 am
I really like the exaggerated foreground rocks in #2. They really being me in for more eye-wandering. Nice!

+1

But I also like the water flow of the third, although it's a bit too smooth.

The first is of "a bridge". Not having been there and not knowing the significance, I find the first "nice" but not compelling.

The rocks of the second are a bit over-exaggerated, but certainly, as Matt points out, more interesting.
Title: Re: Prè St. Didier Gorge
Post by: sarrasani on January 21, 2017, 07:53:46 pm
I really like the exaggerated foreground rocks in #2. They really being me in for more eye-wandering. Nice!

Thank you much!
All the best,
sandro
Title: Re: Prè St. Didier Gorge
Post by: sarrasani on January 21, 2017, 07:55:14 pm
+1

But I also like the water flow of the third, although it's a bit too smooth.

The first is of "a bridge". Not having been there and not knowing the significance, I find the first "nice" but not compelling.

The rocks of the second are a bit over-exaggerated, but certainly, as Matt points out, more interesting.

Thank you much luxborealis, and all the best,
sandro
Title: Re: Prè St. Didier Gorge
Post by: sdwilsonsct on January 24, 2017, 05:33:36 am
I really like the exaggerated foreground rocks in #2. They really being me in for more eye-wandering. Nice!

Yes, I agree. Good one.
Title: Re: Prè St. Didier Gorge
Post by: maddogmurph on January 27, 2017, 12:01:08 am
I really like the exaggerated foreground rocks in #2. They really being me in for more eye-wandering. Nice!

+1

Number one seems too typical. The way that the rocks lead into the center and all the lines lead me into the bridge makes #2 the clear winner for me. Also something about the shadows/processing is just done right for me.