Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: mecrox on January 14, 2017, 05:28:00 pm
-
Marloes Sands in Pembrokeshire, Wales, a wild and lovely part of the world. Thanks for looking.
-
analogic style (or analogic/from film?). Wonderful both composition and monochrome tuning.
Not stunning detail, but is this a problem for a so fascinating image?
All the best,
sandro
-
analogic style (or analogic/from film?). Wonderful both composition and monochrome tuning.
Not stunning detail, but is this a problem for a so fascinating image?
All the best,
sandro
Than you for your kind words :) I used a humble Oly E-M1 and Nik Silver Efex, mostly. Kept the detail down because I don't like much detailing on water and, often, in skies. I was partly inspired by the monochrome work of Steve Gosling (http://www.stevegoslingphotography.co.uk/) which I admire, having seen a show of his in London a few months ago. It was an object lessson in how to get lovely and quite large prints even from a small sensor. Confidence-building.
-
I like it a lot and the high contrast treatment suits this type of shots very well.
Bravo!
-
I like it a lot and the high contrast treatment suits this type of shots very well.
Bravo!
Thank you, francois :)
-
Such a great "feeling" in the image...the high contrast and wide expansiveness, shapes of clouds/beach/landscape, and the figures on the beach - great scene - one keeps looking at it. EM1 is a fantastic cam - one of my favorites. /B
-
The harsh light and treatment work well in this one.
-
Such a great "feeling" in the image...the high contrast and wide expansiveness, shapes of clouds/beach/landscape, and the figures on the beach - great scene - one keeps looking at it. OM1 is a fantastic cam - one of my favorites. /B
Thank you :) Yes, the E-M1 is a fine camera and I am very happy with mine.
-
The harsh light and treatment work well in this one.
Thanks :) Needs must to a degree since we we there on an unseasonably hot and bright day. Probably a superbly atmospheric place on a misty winter day but a long way from home.
-
Love the composition.
-
Love the composition.
Thanks :)