Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: FrankStark on January 14, 2017, 05:09:47 pm

Title: Finding ICC profile for Ultra Premium Photo Paper Luster in Windows 7. Location?
Post by: FrankStark on January 14, 2017, 05:09:47 pm
To use QImage Ultimate, I installed Parallels on my Mac running Windows 7 as the Windows operating system. As I wend my way towards printing my own stuff, I tried out the process of printing a photo. The box for printer profiles for the UPPPL I am using as a test paper did not come up, in fact nothing did. I therefore did a search of Windows/system to see if I could find the location of the various ICC profiles that I thought might be installed with my driver. No luck so far. The Epson colour management pamphlet  http://files.support.epson.com/docid/cpd3/cpd39134.pdf ) shows a figure on page 16 with profiles at Windows/system 32/spool/DRIVERS/COLOR/Epson.etc..for Windows 7 and 8, but my Windows 7 has nothing like that for 32 or 64bit. The Epson support site explicitly offers profiles for the new legacy papers but not the one I am using. I have done a search of this forum for the information, but if it is there it has eluded me. Such a simple question, there must be a simple answer, but I would be grateful for assistance.

F.
Title: Re: Finding ICC profile for Ultra Premium Photo Paper Luster in Windows 7. Location?
Post by: arobinson7547 on January 14, 2017, 05:21:17 pm
I can confirm that the path below is the system default path for ICC/ICM profiles on Microsoft Windows 7;

C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\color

Be mindful that the profiles can be named *.icc or *.icm and an Application may prefer one over the other.

i.e., you can rename the extension without any ill effect.
Title: Re: Finding ICC profile for Ultra Premium Photo Paper Luster in Windows 7. Location?
Post by: Royce Howland on January 14, 2017, 05:55:21 pm
Yes, that's correct. There is only one location on Windows 7 for all ICC profiles and it is C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\color. Note that there is no space in "System32".

Copy & paste that path into an explorer folder browser, and it should take you straight there. Occasionally if you try to navigate to the location by clicking through folders, if your account doesn't have full admin permissions then you may not see some of the folders that are there. But you can go directly to the path by entering it all in a folder browser.
Title: Re: Finding ICC profile for Ultra Premium Photo Paper Luster in Windows 7. Location?
Post by: Bart_van_der_Wolf on January 14, 2017, 06:52:08 pm
Yes, that's correct. There is only one location on Windows 7 for all ICC profiles and it is C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\color. Note that there is no space in "System32".

Copy & paste that path into an explorer folder browser, and it should take you straight there.

Yes, and note the back slashes, not forward slashes.

Cheers,
Bart
Title: Re: Finding ICC profile for Ultra Premium Photo Paper Luster in Windows 7. Location?
Post by: FrankStark on January 14, 2017, 08:25:05 pm
Thank you, gentlemen.

F.