Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Paulo Bizarro on January 13, 2017, 02:58:32 am

Title: Two from Muscat this am
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on January 13, 2017, 02:58:32 am
I visit Muscat 2 or 3 times a year on business, and I always bring a camera. This time was the Fuji X100T, plus a table top tripod. This morning I woke up at 5.30 to go to the mountains near Mutrah corniche to photograph the (full) Moon set and sunrise. The weather is still cool, which is nice.

These are in-camera processed Raw files to JPEG, using Provia preset, nothing fancy. I tested the app to transfer the files to the phone, works nicely.

Regards.
Title: Re: Two from Muscat this am
Post by: sarrasani on January 15, 2017, 06:45:11 am
good tones and detail quality. I prefer the first one, but good also the 2.
All the best,
sandro
Title: Re: Two from Muscat this am
Post by: francois on January 15, 2017, 11:50:39 am
I also prefer the first one. The second one has nice soft tones but the first one has more impact.
Title: Re: Two from Muscat this am
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on January 17, 2017, 04:18:57 am
Thanks, this time of the year is great for photography in Oman.
Title: Re: Two from Muscat this am
Post by: blueview on January 19, 2017, 05:42:46 am
Lovely shots, reminds me of my time working in Oman ... a long time ago ('87 to '92). The first one is Muttrah isn't it?
Title: Re: Two from Muscat this am
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on January 19, 2017, 08:03:47 am
Lovely shots, reminds me of my time working in Oman ... a long time ago ('87 to '92). The first one is Muttrah isn't it?

Thanks. Yes, it is Mutrah.
Title: Re: Two from Muscat this am
Post by: luxborealis on January 21, 2017, 11:20:18 am
"Nice".

The first causes me to second look, but only briefly. I'm confused by what you are trying to show: the foreground hills or the port/city. But then again, I'm not a big fan of foreground obscuring background.

The second, I'm not drawn in at all.