Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: raminolta on January 11, 2017, 07:20:22 am
-
When I thought I was ready to place my order for OP3 P99 acrylic sheets to use at home for exhibiting my photos, the customer representative advised me the FF3 type acrylic is indeed the right type of acrylic for the best display quality. I prefer anti-glare (P99) as I cannot stand reflections and OP3 for UV protection (not very important but the price difference isn't that great between the two types so I might as well go for the UV protection. The agent told me the P99 OP3 acrylic is not perfectly clear and may even distort the image. According to her, FF3 Acrylic is of museum quality suitable for fine art exhibition.
I did order and receive two samples: one FF3 and one P99 OP3. The samples are small and I can't notice any deterioration in the image that is behind either type. However, the reflection from the FF3 surface strongly discourages me from getting it.
I am wondering what you think about her comments? And which type do you use?
-
Honestly i don't know what I use besides it being this one:
http://www.americanframe.com/products/un-non-glare-picture-framing-acrylic-aauvng.aspx
That's the anti-glare UV resistant acrylic I put in all my frames. It's clear. I see no degradation, and honestly it sometimes looks like there is nothing in front of the picture. I really like it.
-
It must be P99 OP3 acrylic. I don't know what difference in quality is between the acrylic purchased from different sources. Prices however can vary quite a bit.
Honestly i don't know what I use besides it being this one:
http://www.americanframe.com/products/un-non-glare-picture-framing-acrylic-aauvng.aspx
That's the anti-glare UV resistant acrylic I put in all my frames. It's clear. I see no degradation, and honestly it sometimes looks like there is nothing in front of the picture. I really like it.