Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: deanwork on January 10, 2017, 06:42:18 pm
-
Any of you guys worked with the 32" BenQ yet? Or know when they are shipping? i'm thinking about pre-ordering one from BH. I really want one instead of or in addition to the 27, now that I think about what was discussed last week?
I posted this on the color forum also.
John
-
We should be posting a review on Thursday on this monitor.
-
We should be posting a review on Thursday on this monitor.
Looking forward to read it
-
The review has been published.. I wrote it :-)
In short, if you want to a UHD wide gamut monitor on a budget (sub $1500 USD) nothing else comes close.
-
Thanks Joshua for the in-depth review! Its super helpful and it sounds like this monitor offers great capabilities and features at a crazy price point.
Hoping they start shipping soon.
-
Joshua,
I have purchased a SW2700PT as part of my journey to print my own stuff, and it is far better than my old iMac. Recently I attended a workshop where Eiso was showing their CS2730 and other monitors at a price point that do not have internal calibration. As I recall, this 27 inch model it was about $1500 US. This is still two and a half to three times as much as I paid for the BenQ, and I was able to buy the BenQ at a retail outlet where I could easily return it in case of quality issues. All the same, I am curious about the lower cost Eiso 27 inch model and wonder if you have run into it.
Thanks
F.
-
The review has been published.. I wrote it :-)
In short, if you want to a UHD wide gamut monitor on a budget (sub $1500 USD) nothing else comes close.
Thanks for the review!!! I enjoyed reading it!!! I will consider for my monitor... although I need a bit of saving first
http://dgpfotografia.com
-
Joshua,
I have purchased a SW2700PT as part of my journey to print my own stuff, and it is far better than my old iMac. Recently I attended a workshop where Eiso was showing their CS2730 and other monitors at a price point that do not have internal calibration. As I recall, this 27 inch model it was about $1500 US. This is still two and a half to three times as much as I paid for the BenQ, and I was able to buy the BenQ at a retail outlet where I could easily return it in case of quality issues. All the same, I am curious about the lower cost Eiso 27 inch model and wonder if you have run into it.
Thanks
F.
Frank all the Eizo screens are good. No question. Their color edge range is their top of the range series and is their premium offering. The lower end Eizo displays are still very very good, and in reality not that far behind the color edge range. But the thing is in recent times the competition out there has significantly caught up and now there are offerings in the market place that offer performance that gets dam close to the top of the range Eizo displays for a lot less money.
I would contact your local Eizo dealer and ask for a demonstration of the display before you commit to it. I doubt you will find the difference between it and the BenQ you have of any significance in your daily print making.
-
Thanks. Am not going to buy an Eiso, at least in the foreseeable future, am just curious. Am happy with my BenQ. For one thing, it helps to make printing my own images more financially manageable.
F.