Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Vieri Bottazzini on January 10, 2017, 07:44:14 am

Title: Machrie Moor, Isle of Arran
Post by: Vieri Bottazzini on January 10, 2017, 07:44:14 am
The Stone Circle at Machrie Moor, on the Isle of Arran in Scotland at sunset.

(https://vieribottazzini.com/wp-content/uploads/SL_00334.jpg)

Leica SL, Vario-Elmarit-SL at 34mm, 1 second @ f/10. Best,

Vieri
Title: Re: Machrie Moor, Isle of Arran
Post by: Cintramontane on January 10, 2017, 09:09:43 am
Lovely 👍
Title: Re: Machrie Moor, Isle of Arran
Post by: francois on January 10, 2017, 09:43:10 am
Top notch as usual. I like how well the rock (bottom/left) helps to perceive the depth of field.
Bravo!
Title: Re: Machrie Moor, Isle of Arran
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on January 10, 2017, 12:05:46 pm
Lovely 👍
+1.
Title: Re: Machrie Moor, Isle of Arran
Post by: Chairman Bill on January 10, 2017, 01:02:10 pm
Superb
Title: Re: Machrie Moor, Isle of Arran
Post by: sdwilsonsct on January 11, 2017, 09:43:10 am
Nice light. And you constantly remind me that really wide lenses are not necessarily the only way to compose.
Title: Re: Machrie Moor, Isle of Arran
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on January 11, 2017, 02:01:17 pm
Nicely done, but I would crop the bottom, the rock adds  nothing IMO.
Title: Re: Machrie Moor, Isle of Arran
Post by: Vieri Bottazzini on January 13, 2017, 07:40:05 am
Lovely 👍

Thank you very much! 👍

Top notch as usual. I like how well the rock (bottom/left) helps to perceive the depth of field.
Bravo!

Thank you very much Francois, glad you enjoyed it and the composition! :)

+1.


Thank you Eric! :)

Superb

Thank you Bill! :)

Nice light. And you constantly remind me that really wide lenses are not necessarily the only way to compose.

Thank you very much Scott, glad you enjoyed it. I do enjoy UWA a lot, but I think that there is a place and a time for them, they aren't the panacea for all situations. Here a 28mm FOV worked just fine for me :)

Nicely done, but I would crop the bottom, the rock adds  nothing IMO.

Thank you for your suggestion Paulo, my reasoning to keep it in was exactly what Francois said: "I like how well the rock (bottom/left) helps to perceive the depth of field.", but I appreciate that you might feel different about it.

Best,

Vieri