Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: NigelC on January 09, 2017, 09:43:45 am

Title: Epson SC-P800 roll paper holder
Post by: NigelC on January 09, 2017, 09:43:45 am
Sorry if this appears a completely dim question but I have no experience whatsoever of roll paper holders. I've been offered one of these by the vendor who sold me the printer for less than 40% normal price. I've had a roll sitting around for a while for occasional longer prints but I planned to just cut a length from the roll and reverse the curl by wrapping round a plastic tube. Where do you cut the paper on a roll paper feeder? - if it's where the finished print emerges from the printer, that's wasting an awful lot of paper.
Title: Re: Epson SC-P800 roll paper holder
Post by: Dale Villeponteaux on January 09, 2017, 10:42:24 am
The printer will print a cut line for you. After you cut, you can have the printer retract
the paper for the next print.

Regards,
Dale V.
Title: Re: Epson SC-P800 roll paper holder
Post by: unesco on January 09, 2017, 10:59:33 am
The printer will print a cut line for you. After you cut, you can have the printer retract
the paper for the next print.
or you can continue printing next pictures and cut at the end of the series - this saves paper