Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: afterimages on January 07, 2017, 07:59:24 am

Title: Selling Epson SC-P800 - shipping?
Post by: afterimages on January 07, 2017, 07:59:24 am
I am seriously considering selling my P800. Judging from the tape that was in that thing from the factory, though, I am afraid to ship it!

Anybody successfully ship one? What precautions?

rick
Title: Re: Selling Epson SC-P800 - shipping?
Post by: dgberg on January 07, 2017, 08:18:39 am
Not a good idea once ink is in it even if you tape it up good.
Shipping guys turn stuff end on end or upside down even if it is marked.
I have had luck selling locally for pickup only. Always someone that wants a good deal.
I live in the ne USA so within driving distance of millions of people.
Not sure where you are from (Profiles empty) but you may want to give that a shot first.
Title: Re: Selling Epson SC-P800 - shipping?
Post by: afterimages on January 07, 2017, 08:37:09 am
Thanks. Yes, that is confirming my 'gut feel'.

SE Wisconsin, so not nearly as dense :(
Title: Re: Selling Epson SC-P800 - shipping?
Post by: JeffS on January 07, 2017, 07:58:10 pm
Donate it to a local school that has a photography program and a need....and take the tax deduction....they'll be happy to pick it up.  Win/win.

Jeff
Title: Re: Selling Epson SC-P800 - shipping?
Post by: dgberg on January 07, 2017, 09:33:37 pm
Donate it to a local school that has a photography program and a need....and take the tax deduction....they'll be happy to pick it up.  Win/win.

Jeff
Donate a like new P800??
Title: Re: Selling Epson SC-P800 - shipping?
Post by: JeffS on January 07, 2017, 11:32:14 pm
Donate a like new P800??

Well, one could always just write a check for $700 instead.  Charity at work.

Jeff
Title: Re: Selling Epson SC-P800 - shipping?
Post by: afterimages on January 08, 2017, 08:11:05 am
If I were not retired and 'better off', I'd consider charity. But I cannot give up the $500-700 (depending on 'value' of remaining ink).

rick