Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: keithcooper on January 07, 2017, 06:45:38 am

Title: Looking forward to the Epson SC-P5000 (4900 replacement)
Post by: keithcooper on January 07, 2017, 06:45:38 am
Since it's now been mentioned on an Epson site (.ae) and I've received a flyer for it from a UK dealer...

http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/epson-surecolor-sc-p5000-std-printer-announced/

The P5000 looks to be the update to the 4900 that's been long expected - features look very like the P7000 I tested last year, but with the roll and sheet paper handling capabilities of the 4900 (and Spectroproofer option).

I'm looking forward to doing a detailed review in due course to see how it performs, but it does make me wonder even more about the Canon iPF5100 - how about a 17" PRO-1000 version with roll paper -and- a paper tray? ;-)

Title: Re: Looking forward to the Epson SC-P5000 (4900 replacement)
Post by: André Denis on January 07, 2017, 03:18:30 pm
Can't  help but notice that the standard warranty for this new printer is ... 24 months on site!
I read this as they having more confidence in this 4900 replacement. Or the sales are so low (hello Canon) they have to move.
I just ordered a P-7000 as a replacement for my dead 7900, and instead of being happy, i'm extremely worried that it will die prematurely!
If only they had done that for the SC-P7000!
The level of confidence in Epson is extremely low.  But when the printer works, i still find that it is the best printer for my esthetics. Dilemma!
Title: Re: Looking forward to the Epson SC-P5000 (4900 replacement)
Post by: keithcooper on January 07, 2017, 03:22:03 pm
Can't  help but notice that the standard warranty for this new printer is ... 24 months on site!
I read this as they having more confidence in this 4900 replacement. Or the sales are so low (hello Canon) they have to move.
I just ordered a P-7000 as a replacement for my dead 7900, and instead of being happy, i'm extremely worried that it will die prematurely!
If only they had done that for the SC-P7000!
The level of confidence in Epson is extremely low.  But when the printer works, i still find that it is the best printer for my esthetics. Dilemma!

This info was from a UK dealer and the epson.ae site.

I'm going to assume that some others can't yet comment on this, since the release schedule seems not to have been synchronised in different countries.
Title: Re: Looking forward to the Epson SC-P5000 (4900 replacement)
Post by: Mark D Segal on January 08, 2017, 11:29:25 am

...........The level of confidence in Epson is extremely low. 

How do you assess this?