Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Paulo Bizarro on January 03, 2017, 04:25:12 am

Title: Day ends
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on January 03, 2017, 04:25:12 am
Two more from southwest Portugal, near the villages of Longueira and Almograve. The weather was cold and crisp during the Christmas season. The first one is a torture test for my recently acquired Fujifilm X100T (wonderful little camera), and the second one is a long exposure.

Best regards.

Title: Re: Day ends
Post by: Tony Jay on January 03, 2017, 04:50:38 am
First one for me Paulo.
Lovely sense of place and time complemented by beautiful light.

Second one I find that I am struggling a bit for a focal point to the image, its Raison d'etre.

Tony Jay
Title: Re: Day ends
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on January 03, 2017, 08:54:38 am
I agree. First one is lovely and appealing, while the second feels quite bleak.
Title: Re: Day ends
Post by: HSakols on January 03, 2017, 09:17:37 am
Happy New Year Paulo!
Title: Re: Day ends
Post by: francois on January 04, 2017, 04:32:50 am
I like them both for different reasons. I agree with previous comments about #1 but I also like #2 a lot because it makes me feel like being there, just after sun down.
Title: Re: Day ends
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on January 05, 2017, 04:34:56 am
Thanks for the feedback guys. What led me to take #2 was the transition from night to day. I was walking and hurrying back with my daughter from Brejo Largo beach (site of some of my previous shots), and it was that moment of the day when the light is very good.

Actually, it was my daughter that drew my attention to this small lake, where the cattle goes for drinking. The light was reflecting on it, both natural, and from the street lamps and house. It was difficult to study perhaps a more efficient framing, since the soil was mushy and water soaked.

Regards.
Title: Re: Day ends
Post by: sarrasani on January 05, 2017, 06:48:20 pm
I like the second. Well managed tones and colours, and excellent composition.
The first.....I don't like neither subject nor light management.
all the best,
sandro
Title: Re: Day ends
Post by: RMW on January 07, 2017, 02:13:59 pm
For me, #2 has something ambiguous about it that feels compelling. It's a good candidate for Andrew Molitors essay I think.
Thanks Paulo.
Richard