Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: Paul2660 on December 30, 2016, 11:55:20 pm

Title: Looking for help installing the enblend plugin for Ptgui on Mac
Post by: Paul2660 on December 30, 2016, 11:55:20 pm
I have installed Ptgui on my MacPro, Version is 10.0.15 which I believe is the latest.  However I am also trying to install the enblend plugin. 

I downloaded the tar file and have expanded it, but I cannot find a the executable for enblend.  The expanded tar, has a lot of files but none seem to the one to launch the plugin.

Has anyone installed enblend, for Ptgui? on Mac?

If so, I would love to have  you send me the plugin if possible. 

Thanks

Paul Caldwell
Title: Re: Looking for help installing the enblend plugin for Ptgui on Mac
Post by: CoyoteButtes on December 31, 2016, 01:56:34 am
Paul,

Here is a link for the page on the PTGui website that has directions for installing the plugin on a Mac:

https://www.ptgui.com/plugins.html

Hope it helps.

Stan
Title: Re: Looking for help installing the enblend plugin for Ptgui on Mac
Post by: Paul2660 on December 31, 2016, 10:04:11 am
Hi

Thanks for the link.  These point to non excecutables, which need to be compiled, something I don't have the knowledge to do.

I will for now just fall back to windows for this as the enblend works fine there.

Paul Caldwell
Title: Re: Looking for help installing the enblend plugin for Ptgui on Mac
Post by: howardm on December 31, 2016, 03:08:34 pm
Paul,
I'm not convinced you *need* enblend w/ PTgui.  It seems to do it by itself (ie. I've never had to build/install/run it separately from the basic PTgui).

I will tell you that compiling enblend is a significant PITA (and I do this sort of thing for a living) w/ lots of other dependencies.

So, verify you actually *NEED* to go down the plugin/enblend road.

Update:  I just built a compiled copy of enblend that should work (YMMV).
Title: Re: Looking for help installing the enblend plugin for Ptgui on Mac
Post by: Paul2660 on January 01, 2017, 10:43:44 pm
Hi Howard,

I feel that ptgui does an OK job with most subject, but on a series, with a pure blue sky or a lot of blue, ptgui has an issue creating dark areas around the segment merges.  Many times the enblend plugin seems to do a better job even though it's not specifically designed for this. 

BTW, if you complied a version of 4.2 for MAC, could you send me a copy?

Thanks
Paul Caldwell
[email protected]
Title: Re: Looking for help installing the enblend plugin for Ptgui on Mac
Post by: howardm on January 01, 2017, 11:16:29 pm
I thought I had v4.1.3 but it appears to be v3.2

I'm not sure I'll be able to build 4.2 from scratch.

UPDATE:  the build of 4.2 is *not* going to happen.
Title: Re: Looking for help installing the enblend plugin for Ptgui on Mac
Post by: kirkt on January 06, 2017, 12:13:22 pm
homebrew currently builds enblend-enfuse v 4.1.1, at least on my OS X Sierra MacPro.

kirk