Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: Frere Jacques on July 15, 2006, 05:55:19 am

Title: Capture NX on OS X.4.7
Post by: Frere Jacques on July 15, 2006, 05:55:19 am
All-

Has anyone else experienced their Mac haning on shutdown after installing Capture NX? The problem disappears when I uninstall NX.

Thanks in advance for the info.
Title: Capture NX on OS X.4.7
Post by: bob mccarthy on July 15, 2006, 07:41:53 pm
Quote
All-

Has anyone else experienced their Mac haning on shutdown after installing Capture NX? The problem disappears when I uninstall NX.

Thanks in advance for the info.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=70749\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

How much memory do you have. It seems to take a while to put everything away in a minimally equipped setup. Especially if you have a save in there. The minimum spec should be raised. Other than that I really like the quality of output.


Bob
Title: Capture NX on OS X.4.7
Post by: Frere Jacques on July 16, 2006, 02:51:26 am
6GB on a dual-2Ghz G5.

I agree -- output is excellent!! Weird interface, though...I have been comparing NX to Aperture and like some qualities of each program. NX really makes the images pop, Aperture has better controls. (patch tool...mmm...) Both are a bit slow on with the Radeon 9800 Pro video card. (tell me that isn't scary!!!)


Quote
How much memory do you have. It seems to take a while to put everything away in a minimally equipped setup. Especially if you have a save in there. The minimum spec should be raised. Other than that I really like the quality of output.
Bob
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=70812\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]