Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: cyron123 on December 20, 2016, 01:33:35 am

Title: Focus Trim in XF
Post by: cyron123 on December 20, 2016, 01:33:35 am
Hello,
Have somebody experience with Focus Trim with the Phase One XF camera? Could the camera realize a change of a lens and set different Trim?

I have heard there is no global Trim like the DF+. But there is no list of manually trimmed lenses in the menu.

Thank you.
Title: Re: Focus Trim in XF
Post by: Wayne Fox on December 20, 2016, 02:04:02 am
Hello,
Have somebody experience with Focus Trim with the Phase One XF camera? Could the camera realize a change of a lens and set different Trim?

I have heard there is no global Trim like the DF+. But there is no list of manually trimmed lenses in the menu.

Thank you.
From what I've read, the XF can store 32 different focus trim settings.  I believe I've seen it stated that for blue ring lenses it's based on individual lenses,  for non blue ring it's based on focal length.

I'm sure Steve or Doug will chime in with a more official response.
Title: Re: Focus Trim in XF
Post by: Doug Peterson on December 20, 2016, 07:43:10 am
Non blue ring lenses register as different by focal length.
Blue ring lenses register as different by serial number.

For most normal users either is fine. For rental houses that have multiple copies of each lens the blue ring advantage is clear.
Title: Re: Focus Trim in XF
Post by: cyron123 on December 27, 2016, 05:01:40 am
Thank you both :-)