Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: stamper on December 14, 2016, 06:44:23 am

Title: Slow Day
Post by: stamper on December 14, 2016, 06:44:23 am
?
Title: Re: Slow Day
Post by: RSL on December 14, 2016, 07:13:31 am
Great shot, Robert. Bravo! Love it.
Title: Re: Slow Day
Post by: Otto Phocus on December 14, 2016, 07:38:06 am
You don't see many of these small barber shops any more.  Nice shot
Title: Re: Slow Day
Post by: Rob C on December 14, 2016, 07:57:20 am
Slow day because of the Daily Record. Figures.

I haven't set foot in a barber's shop since the advent of the Beatles. Not that I imitated them that much, but I did attempt a Caeser-style thing for a while before they came along...  after that phase I did let it grow, but it never made Bailey dimensions, nor get close to Keef. You have to live with the hand (or the head, in this case) you are dealt.

;-)

Rob
Title: Re: Slow Day
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on December 14, 2016, 08:55:57 am
Nice one, Robert.

It reminds me of the barber shop I used as a teenager. 75 cents for a haircut then. Now I don't have 75-cents worth of hair left.
Title: Re: Slow Day
Post by: francois on December 14, 2016, 09:10:46 am
Excellent shot, perfect for the Christmas season…
Well seen!
Title: Re: Slow Day
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on December 14, 2016, 09:33:39 am
What's not to like - excellent shot!

Reminds me I really do need a haircut  ;)
Title: Re: Slow Day
Post by: Rob C on December 14, 2016, 10:12:26 am
Nice one, Robert.

It reminds me of the barber shop I used as a teenager. 75 cents for a haircut then. Now I don't have 75-cents worth of hair left.

Exactly! That's the divine logic that grew my pony: why would I pay the same to have cut but a couple of strands, as a guy with a full head of fur that needs groomed would pay? If I wait until I can pull it far enough to the side to see it, then I can cut it myself when its wet!

We are clearly not all stupid, us goldies! Of course, there are still some follical-challenged folks who go and sit down for three minutes and then pay; make's 'em feel young again, I hope, or perhaps they just haven't noticed the march of time?

;-)

Rob
Title: Re: Slow Day
Post by: stamper on December 14, 2016, 10:41:54 am
Thanks guys. When I first viewed the image I thought that the fan ruined the image but when I looked again I thought well it is part of the image and        "perfection" doesn't exist.
Title: Re: Slow Day
Post by: MattBurt on December 14, 2016, 01:16:12 pm
I like it and the fan (which is ugly) is just a part of the scene. It all goes together. Good shot!

I still go to a barber shop here run by an old cowboy who likes to shoot the shit while you wait or get your cut. He still does straight razor shaves too. I'd like to shoot some photos in there sometime but I get the feeling KC might not go for that.
Title: Re: Slow Day
Post by: Rob C on December 14, 2016, 01:27:57 pm
I like it and the fan (which is ugly) is just a part of the scene. It all goes together. Good shot!

I still go to a barber shop here run by an old cowboy who likes to shoot the shit while you wait or get your cut. He still does straight razor shaves too. I'd like to shoot some photos in there sometime but I get the feeling KC might not go for that.

Never upset a man with a razor.

Rob
Title: Re: Slow Day
Post by: MattBurt on December 14, 2016, 01:56:51 pm
Never upset a man with a razor.

Rob

A razor held to my throat!
 
He seems annoyed enough at my hippy ways, but in a friendly ribbing kind of way. I get a cut infrequently enough that my hair has usually grown long since my last visit. I just like to get a good value. :)
Title: Re: Slow Day
Post by: BobDavid on December 15, 2016, 12:30:00 am
I like the mood of this photo.
Title: Re: Slow Day
Post by: seamus finn on December 15, 2016, 07:11:09 am
A beauty - the more you look at it, the better it gets.