Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: Peter McLennan on December 13, 2016, 11:57:26 am
-
And, especially, why the portrait is a subversive work of political art.
http://www.haaretz.com/us-news/1.758226
Hopefully, this won't result in vituperation, flame wars and enmity.
-
I would probably never have noticed this without having it pointed out to me. I wonder how many people are pouring over back issues of Time and other magazines trying to find similar examples with other public figures.
The only related example that comes to my mind is Martha Mitchell; I always remember that in all the pictures of her than I saw, her mouth was open. This could not be a coincidence, the editors were trying to say something.
-
And, especially, why the portrait is a subversive work of political art.
http://www.haaretz.com/us-news/1.758226
Hopefully, this won't result in vituperation, flame wars and enmity.
Sophomoric drivel IMO.
-
Hopefully, this won't result in vituperation, flame wars and enmity.
Mention Trump, expect flames. ;)
But in regard to the "horns", look at the cover when Bill Clinton won. Subtle, but serious devil horns.
(http://img.timeinc.net/time/magazine/archive/covers/1993/1101930104_400.jpg)
-
Sophomoric drivel IMO.
And in mine.
Jeremy
-
Looks like Political Pareidolia to me.
Honestly, unless someone pointed it out, I would not have paid attention to the letters and the shapes they form.
-
On both covers "Time” is positioned in the same manner.
Striking is that now women are allowed in the contest…