Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: jani on December 11, 2016, 07:50:46 am

Title: Autumn Mountains
Post by: jani on December 11, 2016, 07:50:46 am
(https://photos.smugmug.com/Nature/%C3%85l-2013-09/i-hjsK6GF/0/M/20130921-3120-M.jpg) (https://photos.smugmug.com/Nature/%C3%85l-2013-09/i-hjsK6GF/0/X3/20130921-3120-X3.jpg)

Hiking trip, September 2013
Title: Re: Autumn Mountains
Post by: Chairman Bill on December 11, 2016, 08:29:11 am
Nice one
Title: Re: Autumn Mountains
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on December 11, 2016, 08:33:49 am
Nice one
+1.
Title: Re: Autumn Mountains
Post by: francois on December 11, 2016, 09:16:41 am
Vast, void of obvious human presence, cold with a threatening sky… It's a perfect place for hiking.
I like it a lot.
Title: Re: Autumn Mountains
Post by: jani on December 11, 2016, 11:45:01 am
Thanks for the kind responses!

François, it's indeed a lovely place for hiking. I recall that we cut the hike short due to the threatening weather. It was only a few km away.

Here's part of a closer panorama of the mountains, that didn't turn out quite as striking photographically, but you can see how the mountain to the right (the one to the left in first picture) is blurred by snow in the air:

(https://photos.smugmug.com/Nature/%C3%85l-2013-09/i-8g7XH3C/1/M/20130921-3055-M.jpg) (https://photos.smugmug.com/Nature/%C3%85l-2013-09/i-8g7XH3C/1/X3/20130921-3055-X3.jpg)

I believe the mountains are the ones to the north of this hiking location:

Primhovda, Ål, Hallingdal, Norway (https://www.google.no/maps/@60.7074188,8.442635,11.06z)
Title: Re: Autumn Mountains
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on December 11, 2016, 12:27:32 pm
Vast, void of obvious human presence, cold with a threatening sky… It's a perfect place for hiking.
I like it a lot.

Yes.

Jeremy