Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Mirrorless Cameras => Topic started by: Hank_Gans on December 10, 2016, 10:08:38 pm

Title: Reassigning Olympus OMD E-M1 Mark II focus button
Post by: Hank_Gans on December 10, 2016, 10:08:38 pm
I have just gotten and set up two OMD E-M1 Mark II bodies to operate, essentially, the way my Mark I bodies were configured. I had disabled focusing with the shutter button and assigned focusing to the Fn2 button on the Mark I's but the menus are somewhat different and I have been totally unable to reassign focusing to the Fn2 button the Mark II bodies. Can anyone help? I hope to be able to use the new bodies on a professional assignment on Monday. If I can just do this reconfiguration I'll be all set to do that.
Title: Re: Reassigning Olympus OMD E-M1 Mark II focus button
Post by: TonyVentourisPhotography on December 12, 2016, 01:50:52 pm
I don't have one in hand yet... delivery hasn't arrived...

However... it should be similar to the first based on the user manual of the mkII. 

1. Menu, Custom, A1, AEL/AFL menu
2. Select S-AF Mode
3. Set the option to mode 3

4. The go to your buttons menu under Custom Menu, B
5. Select Button Function
6. Change FnII to "AEL/AFL"

That should now do it for you.  I assume.  It seems that way from their user manual...which is certainly not the most helpful.
Title: Re: Reassigning Olympus OMD E-M1 Mark II focus button
Post by: TonyVentourisPhotography on December 13, 2016, 09:10:29 pm
Just to follow up...this method works.  My camera arrived today.  Set up went basically the same as the e-m1.