Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Harald L on December 10, 2016, 03:14:00 am

Title: Tunnelbeach II
Post by: Harald L on December 10, 2016, 03:14:00 am
Hm, seems, that the first one has been poorly received. Second one better?

(http://v3.harlempix.com/wp-content/gallery/nz-tunnelbeach/DSC12686.jpg)
Title: Re: Tunnelbeach II
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on December 10, 2016, 04:45:53 am
I like the other and should have said so. I'm not keen on this one, though: the bright, blown line of light in the water dominates and isn't pleasant to look at.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Tunnelbeach II
Post by: Harald L on December 10, 2016, 05:20:22 am
I like the other and should have said so. I'm not keen on this one, though: the bright, blown line of light in the water dominates and isn't pleasant to look at.

Jeremy

Here'a a second one, shoot a few minutes earlier

(http://v3.harlempix.com/wp-content/gallery/nz-tunnelbeach/DSC12666.jpg)
Title: Re: Tunnelbeach II
Post by: BobDavid on December 10, 2016, 08:39:10 am
The second one is interesting. My main nit is that the sun is hovering inside a church bell. That sort phenomenon is the result of distortion caused by glare/optics/sensor and how the file was processed. You'ill be able to fix it in post. Depending on your level of skill, it could take you few moments or a few hours.

I like how the two rocks in the foreground are nuzzling each other.
Title: Re: Tunnelbeach II
Post by: francois on December 11, 2016, 09:23:54 am
The first one (of TunnelBeach II) doesn't do much for me but the second is much more to my liking.
Title: Re: Tunnelbeach II
Post by: RSL on December 11, 2016, 09:42:12 am
Both are technically well done.