Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: rgs on December 09, 2016, 08:46:37 pm

Title: Help Me Choose
Post by: rgs on December 09, 2016, 08:46:37 pm
Sometimes we are too close to see clearly, so help me choose. Do you prefer the one with the two branches removed or the original one? Why.
Title: Re: Help Me Choose
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on December 09, 2016, 11:46:46 pm
At first, I prefer the one with the branches removed. The nearby foliage nicely frames the scene on the other side of the water.

But, I looked at that one first, so it is possible that I would prefer the other one, if I had looked at it first instead.
Title: Re: Help Me Choose
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on December 10, 2016, 04:29:10 am
I prefer the first, without the branches, because they interfere with the view while adding nothing.

However, just as significant is the leafy branch to the right overly distracting, which I find spoils the shot. It's worth a return trip, though: I like the way the leaves at the top centre frame the island trees.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Help Me Choose
Post by: michael ellis on December 10, 2016, 07:03:24 am
I like the branches removed. It's a clearer picture to me that way. I don't find the other foliage as distracting as those bare branches hanging down.

Michael
Title: Re: Help Me Choose
Post by: Sean H on December 10, 2016, 08:45:15 am
Well said
I like the branches removed. It's a clearer picture to me that way. I don't find the other foliage as distracting as those bare branches hanging down.

Michael