Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: sdwilsonsct on December 06, 2016, 03:37:22 pm

Title: Cold waters
Post by: sdwilsonsct on December 06, 2016, 03:37:22 pm
Lake Louise, and northern Sweden.
Feedback welcome.
Title: Re: Cold waters
Post by: MattBurt on December 06, 2016, 04:08:05 pm
Love the composition of the first and the light in the second. Nice!
Title: Re: Cold waters
Post by: sarrasani on December 06, 2016, 04:28:58 pm
absolutely fascinating and magic. Both of them, but I find wonderful the reflection of the mountain.
Robust composition and pleasurable tones and colours.   Weakness....I don't know.....maybe tone/colour transitions in
the skies coud be more subtle.
all the best,
sandro
Title: Re: Cold waters
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on December 06, 2016, 04:57:07 pm
Both very lovely, and cold!
Title: Re: Cold waters
Post by: Bob_B on December 06, 2016, 06:13:41 pm
Yes to both, but I really enjoy the pastel hues in the second one. If all winter days looked like that!
Title: Re: Cold waters
Post by: Sean H on December 06, 2016, 09:39:32 pm
+1
Yes to both, but I really enjoy the pastel hues in the second one. If all winter days looked like that!
Title: Re: Cold waters
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on December 07, 2016, 12:53:53 am
Beautiful, both. The first one is special.
Title: Re: Cold waters
Post by: churly on December 07, 2016, 01:26:11 am
Beautiful, both. The first one is special.

Agreed.  Fine work.
Title: Re: Cold waters
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on December 07, 2016, 03:47:04 am
Love the composition of the first and the light in the second. Nice!

My thoughts exactly.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Cold waters
Post by: thierrylegros396 on December 07, 2016, 03:54:59 am
Beautiful, both. The first one is special.

Yes, perfect framing indeed!

Like both.

Thierry
Title: Re: Cold waters
Post by: francois on December 07, 2016, 04:27:48 am
I have to agree with previous comments… The light and colors are superb in photo #2 but framing and subject choice of #1 are outstanding.
Title: Re: Cold waters
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on December 07, 2016, 04:38:41 am
Both very good. I really like that in #1 the shape of the icy shore sort of mirrors the top of the mountain.
Title: Re: Cold waters
Post by: sdwilsonsct on December 08, 2016, 02:25:18 am
Yes to both, but I really enjoy the pastel hues in the second one. If all winter days looked like that!

Yes, that was a special day. I may post a couple more. I'm currently at 68° N and the sun does not clear the horizon. This means we can get several hours of sunrise and sunset light.

Many thanks for the comments.
Title: Re: Cold waters
Post by: graeme on December 08, 2016, 07:00:17 am
They're both lovely. I like the restricted range of colours. The first one is graphically very strong, I bet it would make a great large print.
Title: Re: Cold waters
Post by: brianrybolt on December 08, 2016, 01:25:25 pm
Beautiful, both. The first one is special.

+1.  Excellent.  Incredibly abstract rendition of the scene. 
Title: Re: Cold waters
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on December 08, 2016, 02:23:32 pm
Yes to both, but I really enjoy the pastel hues in the second one...

+1
Title: Re: Cold waters
Post by: Arlen on December 08, 2016, 03:04:40 pm
Beautiful, both. The first one is special.

+(however many it's up to now)
Title: Re: Cold waters
Post by: sdwilsonsct on December 10, 2016, 04:31:52 am
+(however many it's up to now)

Thanks, folk. Glad you liked them.
Title: Re: Cold waters
Post by: michael ellis on December 10, 2016, 06:52:32 am
Yes to both, but I really enjoy the pastel hues in the second one. If all winter days looked like that!

+1 too!