Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: drmike on December 06, 2016, 11:51:37 am

Title: Just a simple and gentle shot
Post by: drmike on December 06, 2016, 11:51:37 am
(https://c3.staticflickr.com/6/5782/31092371010_e9d2ec1917_o.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/PnwwEf)

It was there, I was there, the camera was there. Pretty much straight of camera which is always nice.

Mike
Title: Re: Just a simple and gentle shot
Post by: Harald L on December 06, 2016, 12:07:25 pm
Further evidence that simply red almost always works.
Title: Re: Just a simple and gentle shot
Post by: graeme on December 06, 2016, 01:44:14 pm
That's lovely Mike. I'd be tempted to darken the leaf shadows very slightly. ( But after doing so I'd probably decide that it wasn't necessary ).
Title: Re: Just a simple and gentle shot
Post by: graeme on December 06, 2016, 01:45:47 pm
Oh, & maybe an extra bit of clarity on the windows.
Title: Re: Just a simple and gentle shot
Post by: Harald L on December 06, 2016, 02:01:28 pm
I strongly believe that pictures like this need some imperfection in order to emphasize the bold statement of the color.
Title: Re: Just a simple and gentle shot
Post by: michael ellis on December 06, 2016, 02:11:05 pm
I like this picture quite well. The windows and the shadows give me an impression of some kind of (mythical?) beast.
Title: Re: Just a simple and gentle shot
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on December 06, 2016, 03:19:04 pm
This is quite lovely just as it is.
Title: Re: Just a simple and gentle shot
Post by: drmike on December 06, 2016, 04:01:42 pm
Thanks guys for the positive comments.

I think if I tried to darken the shadows any more then the boundaries would suffer, I find it very hard to do that. I hadn't thought to mess with the windows at all and I may explore that a little.

It is very gratifying to get a shot that needs so little work.
Title: Re: Just a simple and gentle shot
Post by: John R on December 06, 2016, 05:45:12 pm
Has three dimensional quality. I think the shadows are semi-soft/hard indicating the quality of light. It has a natural look, with gradations in tones, like areas of dark orange to light orange. Excellent image.


JR
Title: Re: Just a simple and gentle shot
Post by: francois on December 07, 2016, 06:28:36 am
Simple and gentle but so effective! I like the colors combined with the simple, every day, elements.
Bravo.
Title: Re: Just a simple and gentle shot
Post by: stamper on December 07, 2016, 06:44:28 am
Very nice as it is.