Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Rajan Parrikar on December 04, 2016, 05:01:34 am

Title: Hverir
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on December 04, 2016, 05:01:34 am
Hverir. (http://blog.parrikar.com/2016/12/04/hverir/)


Title: Re: Hverir
Post by: sdwilsonsct on December 04, 2016, 06:20:11 am
Good seeing, Rajan.
Title: Re: Hverir
Post by: David Eckels on December 04, 2016, 08:10:51 am
Absolutely amazing! One and three my favorites, but excellent composition on two. I always learn something when I see your photos, Rajan. Thanks!
Title: Re: Hverir
Post by: Bob_B on December 04, 2016, 08:22:39 am
Absolutely amazing! One and three my favorites, but excellent composition on two. I always learn something when I see your photos, Rajan. Thanks!

#3 and #1 are my favorites. Nicely done Rajan.
Title: Re: Hverir
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on December 04, 2016, 08:32:27 am
Beautiful work, all three.
I, too, favor the "abstracts," 1 and 3.
Title: Re: Hverir
Post by: RMW on December 04, 2016, 09:09:50 am
Masterful work in every way.
Thank you Rajan.
Richard
Title: Re: Hverir
Post by: Sean H on December 04, 2016, 10:06:05 am
+ 1; excellent work! Can you tell us a bit about nos. 1 and 3 please?

Beautiful work, all three.
I, too, favor the "abstracts," 1 and 3.
Title: Re: Hverir
Post by: nma on December 04, 2016, 11:08:09 am
+ 1; excellent work! Can you tell us a bit about nos. 1 and 3 please?

And +1 from me. I am also interested to learn how you achieved the camera height to make these compositions? It looks in some cases as though you are shooting straight down.
Title: Re: Hverir
Post by: stamper on December 04, 2016, 12:35:02 pm
You will have to stop giving us treats like this. Jealousy is rearing it's ugly head.
Title: Re: Hverir
Post by: James Clark on December 04, 2016, 12:56:22 pm
Hi Rajan - fascinating images - really well done :)

How much post work was done on the color for 1 & 3?
Title: Re: Hverir
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on December 04, 2016, 01:36:30 pm
You will have to stop giving us treats like this. Jealousy is rearing it's ugly head.

My eyes turn green whenever I see Rajan's photos. I love the third of this set.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Hverir
Post by: thierrylegros396 on December 04, 2016, 01:55:40 pm
#3 and #1 are my favorites. Nicely done Rajan.

+1

Thierry
Title: Re: Hverir
Post by: Telecaster on December 04, 2016, 03:20:17 pm
Terrific stuff. Very Burtynsky-like though the subject matter is, on the surface, quite different.

-Dave-
Title: Re: Hverir
Post by: francois on December 05, 2016, 04:02:26 am
Stunning… I'm in love with the first shot. The third one is also in the same league.
Bravo, again.
Title: Re: Hverir
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on December 05, 2016, 04:06:28 am
amazing. Excellent use of the drone.
Title: Re: Hverir
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on December 05, 2016, 06:09:18 pm
Hi Rajan - fascinating images - really well done :)

How much post work was done on the color for 1 & 3?

James - The images have passed through my aesthetic filter. The video on my blog contains cuts of these scenes and is close to what the eye saw.

And +1 from me. I am also interested to learn how you achieved the camera height to make these compositions? It looks in some cases as though you are shooting straight down.

nma - I used a drone to get the elevated perspective.

Thank you to all who have responded and commented above.
Title: Re: Hverir
Post by: MattBurt on December 06, 2016, 04:10:01 pm
Very enjoyable images and such a beautiful landscape!
Title: Re: Hverir
Post by: James Clark on December 06, 2016, 04:23:15 pm
James - The images have passed through my aesthetic filter. The video on my blog contains cuts of these scenes and is close to what the eye saw.


Thanks - even without enhancement the blues are incredible!
Title: Re: Hverir
Post by: sarrasani on December 06, 2016, 04:23:57 pm
wonderful "almost-abstract", with the first one IMHO the most fascinating of all.
Only (my problem, don't care....) I would prefer more pixel to better evaluate sharpness and transitions.
All the best,
sandro
Title: Re: Hverir
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on December 06, 2016, 05:06:36 pm
I finally had time to check your blog and watch the video, which is mind-blowing!

It also brought back memories of our 1974 trip to Iceland. Toward the end we visited Myvatn, and I got a few snapshots (strictly from ground level) of the "bubbling mud pits" a bit northeast, I think, of Myvatn.

Thanks for sharing these, Rjan!
Title: Re: Hverir
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on December 07, 2016, 12:52:09 am
Matt, James, Sandro, Eric - thank you.

Sandro - The DJI Phantom 4 sensor is 'only' 12MP - good for 4K video but not as good for stills. The latest release (Phantom 4 Pro) that is just now coming to the dealers has a 20MP Sony Exmor sensor.

Eric - would love to see your 1974 images of the mud pits.
Title: Re: Hverir
Post by: Brookie on December 11, 2016, 10:52:36 pm
I really like that abstract images.
What is the first one, frost cracked ground? 
Title: Re: Hverir
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on December 11, 2016, 10:53:39 pm
I really like that abstract images.
What is the first one, frost cracked ground?

Thanks.

No, it's cracked mud.
Title: Re: Hverir
Post by: Torbjörn Tapani on December 12, 2016, 05:37:45 am
Rajan you really out did yourself with #1 in my mind. Fantastic!
Title: Re: Hverir
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on December 12, 2016, 08:45:19 pm
Rajan,

I finally got to show these, and the video, to my wife, who also found them stunning.

I will soon post a few of my favorites from my 1974 Iceland trip, including my one bubbling mud pit. These will be in a separate thread, because they are mostly of historic interest, and not in a league with your Iceland work.

Cheers,

Eric

P.S. Of course terrain similar to your first image can be found in Death Valley, but without the color.
Title: Re: Hverir
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on December 13, 2016, 03:17:49 am
Eric - looking forward to seeing your Iceland photos from 1974.

Torbjörn - thank you.
Title: Re: Hverir
Post by: Theodoros Papageorgiou on December 13, 2016, 03:20:14 am
Impressive work Rajan!
I think this is a really good example of how emerging technology advances creativity!