Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: PBC on December 03, 2016, 05:33:41 pm

Title: Sad Lady - "and she cried tears of a river"
Post by: PBC on December 03, 2016, 05:33:41 pm
Amazing the formations you can find in a river :-)   This one was in the River Etive, flowing down Glen Etive in Scotland

Would like to say I saw this before capture, but I only saw the face when reviewing the images

Phil
Title: Re: Sad Lady - "and she cried tears of a river"
Post by: Bob_B on December 03, 2016, 06:24:32 pm
Oh my word, that is out of this world! Love it, love it, love it! I hope you print and hang this photo somewhere special.
Title: Re: Sad Lady - "and she cried tears of a river"
Post by: sarrasani on December 03, 2016, 07:11:13 pm
Amazing the formations you can find in a river :-)   This one was in the River Etive, flowing down Glen Etive in Scotland

Would like to say I saw this before capture, but I only saw the face when reviewing the images

Phil

I like much these "demi-abstract", and this your one in IMHO very fascinating.
All the best,
sandro
Title: Re: Sad Lady - "and she cried tears of a river"
Post by: Sean H on December 04, 2016, 10:09:19 am
Bob is right; this is an incredible capture. Congratulations. I do hope that it appears in a gallery sometime.

Oh my word, that is out of this world! Love it, love it, love it! I hope you print and hang this photo somewhere special.
Title: Re: Sad Lady - "and she cried tears of a river"
Post by: stamper on December 04, 2016, 12:31:12 pm
Very unusual and very likeable.
Title: Re: Sad Lady - "and she cried tears of a river"
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on December 04, 2016, 12:59:32 pm
I agree with the crowd: this is a fascinating image.
Title: Re: Sad Lady - "and she cried tears of a river"
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on December 04, 2016, 01:34:44 pm
Intriguing, and vaguely unsettling. I don't know if it's horizontally running water or a fall.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Sad Lady - "and she cried tears of a river"
Post by: thierrylegros396 on December 04, 2016, 01:54:06 pm
I like much these "demi-abstract", and this your one in IMHO very fascinating.
All the best,
sandro

+1

Thierry
Title: Re: Sad Lady - "and she cried tears of a river"
Post by: degrub on December 04, 2016, 07:39:01 pm
If you decide to print and make available, i am interested.
Frank
Title: Re: Sad Lady - "and she cried tears of a river"
Post by: Chairman Bill on December 05, 2016, 03:53:22 am
Who said photography isn't art? This is. Beautiful.
Title: Re: Sad Lady - "and she cried tears of a river"
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on December 05, 2016, 03:59:36 am
Very good. I just wish the "face" had been given a little more room to the right.
Title: Re: Sad Lady - "and she cried tears of a river"
Post by: PBC on December 06, 2016, 03:02:18 pm
Thanks everyone...

@Paulo Bizarro - yes I wish I had some more room to the right; but as I didn't see the face until I was reviewing images later, I didn't think about framing it differently.

@degree - I will be doing a print soon; so drop me a PM if you are interested in one

@kikashi - it is a horizontal flow over rocks with the image rotated 90 degrees in post.


Phil
Title: Re: Sad Lady - "and she cried tears of a river"
Post by: francois on December 07, 2016, 06:27:10 am
Simply amazing!
Title: Re: Sad Lady - "and she cried tears of a river"
Post by: Arlen on December 08, 2016, 02:51:00 pm
As has been said, this is simply wonderful, Phil.
Title: Re: Sad Lady - "and she cried tears of a river"
Post by: degrub on December 08, 2016, 04:33:26 pm


@degrub - I will be doing a print soon; so drop me a PM if you are interested in one


Phil

PM sent
Title: Re: Sad Lady - "and she cried tears of a river"
Post by: michael ellis on December 10, 2016, 07:08:40 am
I want to add my praise also. This is a really well seen picture. I like the composition and colors a lot.
Michael